Main Menu

That Reminds Me Of This

Started by Goosegash, 13 March, 2010, 10:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goosegash

Sorry if this has come up already, I did do a search but it was fairly inconclusive.

http://thatremindsmeofthis.blogspot.com/

I've just been reading this interesting blog analysing 2000AD and the Megazine from the perspective of someone who's come back to both after a 25 year absence. He's only been going since February but there's a hell of a lot to read already!

So far: impressed by Dredd, unimpressed by Zombo, bemused by Dante and disappointed with the ABCs.

Emperor

Good find - its a very thought-provoking blog. Surely the writer of it lurks here?
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

vzzbux

I would say that is a big chance he is here. Come on show yourself.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

brendan1

Agreed. It's interesting.

I like these blogs, Thrillpowered Thursday and The Prog Slog are also note-worthy (as is Gavin's review, obnov)

colsmi

Er ... hi! I didn't know that my blog was being kindly mentioned here, for I've only just very recently joined these boards, but I really do appreciate the encouraging words! Thank you. I've been abit nervous writing about 2000 AD after so long out of the loop, so I've done my best to get m'head down & just write as well as I can about something I really am enjoying. Please feel free to drop in anytime.

Colsmi
"alterius non sit qui suus esse potest"

Emperor

Hello. Makes for enlightening reading but I do hope you never get to cast a critical eye over anything I've done ;)
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Batman's Superior Cousin

Estabez??? Who the hell is he???
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

colsmi

Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 16 March, 2010, 07:58:48 PM

I hope I've not got it wrong. Page 7 of the latest Stickleback. The Countess screams "Estabez! For Pity's sake help me!" I assumed that was the name of the vile little creature who refuses to help her. It also appears as what seems to be his name on the third last page when the Countess screams "Estabez? ESTABEZ YOU BASTARD!" Perhaps that's a first name & I ought to be using a more appropriate title?

Mike Gloady

Report cards for the Droids.  Very interesting blog there Colsmi.  I'll be dipping in regularly.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

brendan1

Quote from: colsmi on 16 March, 2010, 06:43:40 PM
Er ... hi! I didn't know that my blog was being kindly mentioned here, for I've only just very recently joined these boards, but I really do appreciate the encouraging words! Thank you. I've been abit nervous writing about 2000 AD after so long out of the loop, so I've done my best to get m'head down & just write as well as I can about something I really am enjoying. Please feel free to drop in anytime.

Colsmi

Well, I'm quite enjoying you too.

Good effort, and no little amount of wry humour and esoteric gubbins that I can't even be arsed to sense-check for accuracy.

Good work.

vzzbux

It would be nice to see what the droids make of your report cards.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

colsmi

Quote from: vzzbux on 16 March, 2010, 09:19:06 PM
It would be nice to see what the droids make of your report cards.V

Oh, God. Well, if they ever do, I hope the lines I wrote above them get quoted to them too: "In order to show you how easy it is, even in an playful sense, for an uninformed idiot to assume some vestige of authority and start advising those who know far far more than the idiot ever will, I thought we might take a look at this week's 2000 AD through the prism of a list. I could mark each story, adding a few "teacher's comments" to the relevant creators as if it were they, rather than I, who needed help with professional development."

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: colsmi on 16 March, 2010, 08:24:41 PM
Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 16 March, 2010, 07:58:48 PM

I hope I've not got it wrong. Page 7 of the latest Stickleback. The Countess screams "Estabez! For Pity's sake help me!" I assumed that was the name of the vile little creature who refuses to help her. It also appears as what seems to be his name on the third last page when the Countess screams "Estabez? ESTABEZ YOU BASTARD!" Perhaps that's a first name & I ought to be using a more appropriate title?

Thank You!!!!
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Colin YNWA

Loving the blog even if those first three entries made me feel a bit slow and ill read! Very interesting take on the Prog

Al_Ewing

My first reaction was to CAVE like molesworth befor a BEKE chiz chiz chiz

It's a great blog. More please.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.