Main Menu

Prog 2276 - House of the Unholy

Started by Colin YNWA, 02 April, 2022, 08:46:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southstreeter

Present day Dredd has memories of events before, during and after the Apocalypse War, so I can't see how a switcheroo could possibly have happened.

Big_Dave

Dredd has memories of events before, during and after the Apocalypse War

bionchips

BPP

Dredd IS Major Magnum reveal incoming....
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

JayzusB.Christ

Is the current Dredd story the one that was hyped with the phrase 'this changes everything'?  I really hope that what people are hinting at here is wrong. Great story so far though.

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

broodblik

I am sure that Wagner has a trick or two up his sleeve.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Tiplodocus

Well isn't this just fantastic. What a line up in script and art. Some of the last run were not my cup of tea but this prog is just what I want. And more! A centre spread full of zoom in gags!

Imagine if Dredd had been the last strip, and you were in my shoes having enjoyed every thrill, then got that reveal on the last page!
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

norton canes

Yeah this is a bit of a golden line-up of thrills and they're all firing on afterburners.

They may not have been strictly relevant to the plot or the final outcome but those first few weeks of 'The Citadel', far from being extraneous were actually a vital part of building up the grim sense of foreboding, I think. And here's where it all pays off, with named characters despatched in an instant, horrible scenes in the torture chamber and what will surely become a classic Dredd panel, in crimson with bullet casings flying and the couldn't-be-more-Wagneresque quip "I've heard he can be quite fierce". Beautiful stuff - now, it'll be made or broken by the quality of the twist...

Hope comes back with a bang and a cinematic five pages that are quick to read but make a lasting impression. Anyone able to enlighten me  - what's a 'Baby Rub' bar? And why should it be like 'Coal on fire'? That Intestinauts centrespread is glorious, of course, and the story ups its peril content to great effect. "Knivess!" Fiends comes good with five pages of supernatural skirmish and Brink, apart from being brilliant as ever, seems perfectly placed at the end of the prog, slowing the pace while maintaining the high thrill-content.

Overall everything just seemed fresh and fantastic in this prog - and the next one's out tomorrow! Happy days!

The Corinthian

Quote from: norton canes on 12 April, 2022, 08:58:26 PM
those first few weeks of 'The Citadel', far from being extraneous were actually a vital part of building up the grim sense of foreboding

I'm not convinced that a condemned man would be that bothered about building up a grim sense of foreboding while making his last confession and/or spilling the terrible secret of Judge Dredd that has been concealed from the world for forty years.

norton canes

I guess. Although he is on death row, so you'd excuse him for padding it out a bit :)

Proudhuff

Could be the first person he's spoken to since being incarcerated?
DDT did a job on me

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: norton canes on 14 April, 2022, 09:26:00 AM
I guess. Although he is on death row, so you'd excuse him for padding it out a bit

Also, this is a basic narrative conceit as old as stories themselves, so it seems a bit... odd to quibble with it.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Big_Dave

I'm not convinced that a condemned man would be that bothered about building up a grim sense of foreboding while making his last confession

nevre watch sunset boulevard

Tjm86

See, I would also ask whether much attention is being paid to what is happening in politics right now ...