Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - The Out vs. The Order Rd 3 Heat 34

Started by Colin YNWA, 06 June, 2022, 06:34:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

There might not be quite the level of thrills we had last week in Week 5, but it exemplifies just how tough this tournament is becoming. A middling week quality wise and we still get some right interesting ties and some really top draw thrills. Its only going to get harder folks!

The O see(s) that's what this tie is all about... yes me murdering an overly obsure music reference just cos the match up has two thrill prefixed by The followed by an O word. The thing is you didn't see how hard I worked to make better use of that... and fail. Fail completely. So there we are...

...about the tie...

...get on with it...

Jez okay already The Out beat Zaucer of Zilk  and The Order beat Outlier (no really I'm not making this up!). And it doesn't matter how much I love The Order it's getting trounced here isn't it by the AMAZING The Out... or is it (well yes it is...)

The Out - more info

Vs

The Order - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Monday 9th June and the winner gets a place in Round 4 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN

abelardsnazz

AlexF

No denying the majesty of The Out, but equally no denying just how gloriously bonkers the first 3/4 series of the Order were, before it got a bit too excited about bringing up alternate histories for me to keep up with. And the most recent series had the decency to be loaded with cool imagery.  So yeah, for that first meeting of Anna Kohl, Ritterstahl and the wurms... I'm voting the Order.

IndigoPrime

The Order has lots of ideas but it's a mess. Keeping track of it has become a chore. The storytelling just isn't suited to the Prog. And as for Armoured Gideon...

The Out has lots of ideas and is magnificent. You can get a lot out of most single episodes due to its nature, but the ongoing story is compelling and heartbreaking in equal measure.

broodblik

The Out is brilliant but I am still going for The Order because of its scale of grandeur and yes it sometimes buckle on its own weight of expectations
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

rogue69

Barrington Boots

The Order for me too. It's lost it's way a bit recently, but the early stuff is fantastic and it's got all the ingredients to be a classic if it can steady the ship somewhat. Absolute sci-fi craziness. Plus magificent John M Burns art!
You're a dark horse, Boots.

CalHab

Link Prime

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

The Out, which is one of the best of Tharg s offerings from the last few years. The Order, on the other hand, isn't.

SBT