Main Menu

Winter Special is GO

Started by James Stacey, 02 October, 2014, 08:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

A few reasons.

It feels good to actually have something in the physical shop.

The immediacy/impulse buy for those who don't want to buy digitally.

The option to have a quick leaf through first.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Steve Green on 31 October, 2014, 02:47:09 PM
A few reasons.

I was talking about ordering the physical product from the online store. Admittedly, I didn't get to leaf through it first but I'm struggling to imagine that the people who are traipsing around multiple locations on multiple days are going to have a riffle through the pages when they do find a copy and then say 'Nah...' put it back.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Proudhuff

If I can't pick it up over the next wee while I will.
DDT did a job on me

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Proudhuff on 31 October, 2014, 03:23:03 PM
If I can't pick it up over the next wee while I will.

I can see why you're not popular at your local WH Smith...

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Dog Deever

I got mine yesterday and I enjoyed it too. Glad to see the return of the specials. Mine got sent to my newsie without me even asking for it, as did the summer special (which was great because the shop was closed at the time due to a fire, and I thought I'd miss it). My loyalty to that newsagent who's bent over backwards to get me progs, Megs and Extreme Editions, when it was on the go, is the sole reason I haven't subscribed.

One thing though-
Inside front cover story blurbs- Rogue Trooper... the ambush was the Quartz Zone Massacre, not the Glass Zone Massacre.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

inkymonkey

A little late on this thread but there you go - the Summer Special, very nice... The Winter Special, even better... I'm guessing these did pretty well and will be a semi-regular feature on the Thrillpower calendar?