Main Menu

I'm Sorry, I Haven't a Prog

Started by The Legendary Shark, 01 July, 2018, 07:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrington Boots

Bix (Bartonian) - to be both entertaining and annoying in equal parts. For example: The cat is eating my Birthday cake. What a Bix up!
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Barrington Boots

Actually, reading Shark's brief, I've Bixed the that up somewhat. Ignore!

You're a dark horse, Boots.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

Kinship - a particularly annoying vessel.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Hawkmumbler

The Legendary Shark

Megadose - (MC1); condition caught from a slabwalker.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

zombemybabynow

Introducing the canine couple Mr & Mrs king and their whet-behind-the-ears son Dom
Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

zombemybabynow

Quote from: zombemybabynow on 01 November, 2022, 02:58:46 PM
Introducing the canine couple Mr & Mrs king and their whet-behind-the-ears son Dom

sb over way around! :-[
Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

The Legendary Shark

This is going spectacularly well.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

sheridan

What are the 2000AD terms for these games, anyway?

Just to list what we've already covered (apologies if I've missed out any more thrilling suggestions already):

• I'm Sorry I Haven't a Prog (courtesy of Shark, original name I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue)
  • Mornington Crestfallen (Mornington Crescent)
  • Prog Nosis (Shark again, don't think it's a direct translation of an ISIHAC game, though very slight resemblance to Medical Complaints)
  • Twoothy Limericks (original version simply called Limericks)
  • Star Scams (no direct parallel)
  • Twothy Media Club (Themed Film/Book Clubs)
  • Big Meg Excuses (no parallel?)
  • Good News, Bad News (direct translation)
  • Grotty Grotto (don't think I ever heard this in ISIHAC)
  • Uxbridge English Dictionary/New Definitions - my suggestion for the thrill-powered version of this might be Uxbridge Meggish Dictionary?

Well done to The Legendary Shark for coming up with a few original rounds which feel like they should have been genuine ISIHAC rounds!

sheridan

Perusing the list of ISIHAC games, here's a few I think might translate well to this board:

• GI Blues (original game Blues - starts with the line "I work up this morning" and continues along an appropriate topic)
  • Call My Bluff (a common word is given, contestants have to come up with 'convincing' definitions)
  • Censored Quote (original game Censored Song - 2000ad version to pick a quote and censor one of the words - "Gaze in to the fist of Dredd" could become "Gaze in to the  of Dredd")
  • Double Feature (original version produces economical versions of famous films or TV shows - Seven Samurai could become Six Samurai, or combines multiple films in to one, The Magnificent Seven Dwarves for Seven Samurai - 2000AD versions could be ABC Warriors becoming ABC Warrior, f'rinstance)
  • Good News, Bad News (does this need explanation?)
  • Historical Headlines (how modern newspapers would report on 2000AD events)
  • Last Episode (one line that ends a long-running series)
  • Quote... Misquote (take a famous 2000AD quote to which we would probably all know the end, but, uh, misquote the end)
  • Sound Charades (I can imagine this would work though on the board contestants would pick their own series or story - creating a sometimes convoluted story or sketch to result in a pun)*

* now I'm just trying to think what the 2000AD versions of Hamish and Dougal would be - I'm going to guess that Middenface would take one of the spots

sheridan

(none of this meant to interrupt the current game of Uxbridge English/Meggish Dictionary - or to pre-empt any ideas that Sharky might already have)

The Legendary Shark

Thanks, Sheridan. You've made many good suggestions and I'm happy that you enjoy this little modest version of the hilarious and venerable ISIHaC - from which this thread differs in only two ways.

I have every episode of ISIHaC on my 'phone, hundreds of the buggers, and I periodically fall into them while I'm working. I'm currently with Humph and regulars like Willie Rushton - Samantha has only just made her debut. I think most, if not all of the games I came up with are based on a Clue game - I think Big Meg Excuses was a short-lived Clue round called "Excuses," where one contestant would begin with something like, "why are you in my bathtub with my wife?" and the next would have to come up with a plausible excuse, and Grotty Grotto was based on a game called, maybe, Disappointing Christmas Presents, where one contestant would ask for a Christmas present and the next would provide a disappointing replacement, for example, "I'd like a Beatles album," "Here's the I-Spy Book of Insects," iIrc, anyway.

Anyway, it's quite hard to come up with Clueish games for an internet thread that few people read, fewer people post in, and nobody understands - but that's all part of the fun! - so thank you for your suggestions, they are much appreciated. From now on you will be this thread's Mrs Trellis of North Wales, and God help you.

Right now I've got to go and take Marg to visit her new American gentleman friend. He's a cattle trader, and as Marg is keen to buy a prime example, she's been saving up. Excitingly, she'll soon be in a position to receive her first Texan Longhorn.

So, we'll continue with this round of Uxbridge Twoothish Dictionary until Marg and I get back and everybody's had more than enough, then we'll move on to one of your suggestions.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

Finnish (Millsverse) - a bit like a pagan warlock eco-terrorist.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]