Main Menu

I'm Sorry, I Haven't a Prog

Started by The Legendary Shark, 01 July, 2018, 07:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M.I.K.

Riconascence : noun;  the creation of a practically identical clone, often of an evil nature.

M.I.K.

Beeny-baby (MC1): A child of morally suspect parentage.

The Legendary Shark

synthesizer: (Flesh); false teeth for a dinosaur.

synthesized: (Flesh); eaten by a dinosaur with false teeth.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Funt Solo

Harking back to the thread on catchphrases:

Knife: (Fr1day Rogue-verse); shoot
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

M.I.K.

Sumptuous (MC1) : An expensive but hideous looking meal.

Presumptuous (MC1) : The ingredients for an expensive but hideous looking meal.

Funt Solo

Regene (IRL): re-read Kingdom.
Snazzy (Alan Moore's oeuvre): seemingly sensible but disastrously ineffectual in practice.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Legendary Shark

Another exciting round, and I'm sure you're all eager to know the scores.

Marg tells me she has to nip out now as she's been invited to an exclusive club to meet a group of aristocrats. She's very excited to see where all the big knobs hang out. She says at such a posh function she and the other girls will probably end up trying to speak with plums in their mouths.

So, while she's away enjoying that and we all await the Return of the Competitions, how about a game of Censored Quote, as suggested by Mr Sheridan of the North Hemisphere. Mr Sheridan writes, "Dear Pat, did you know that in dinosaur times there was enough oxygen in the atmosphere to render the entire human population of the Earth stoned? Anyway, think on - and let's have more quotes; preferably censored."

Okay, then, Mr Sheridan (and with a due sense of inevitable futility), let's censor some Twoothy quotes!*

For example:
"BZZT into the fist of Dredd!"
"Because I hate BZZT."
" BZZT this off, Twinkletoes!"

There are plainly funnier ones out there. Your task, should you choose to accept it, is to find them...

*Although we will accept quotes from the wider sci-fi/fantasy genres and sources if you can't think of any Twoothy ones. Points will be deducted for non-Twoothy quotes, though, so you have been warned.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

M.I.K.

"Gaze into the BZZT of Dredd" surely works better?

The Legendary Shark

Ten points deducted for challenging the chairman. You are now in Mills and can't go again until you throw a six.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Funt Solo

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 16 November, 2022, 05:00:40 PM
Ten points deducted for BZZT the chairman.

Meta entry.

---

Fr1day: Let's BZZT!
Boy Georgy: I'm too cool to BZZT!
BZZT the oranges, Marlon!

---

Yes, I'm just mining the catchphrases thread for material.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Legendary Shark

"I BZZT! the Law!"

As chairman, it's my responsibility to cover the more obvious ones so that contestants may shine more wittily.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Legendary Shark

Enjoy your BZZT! spinner, Earthlet.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

M.I.K.

Where do I stand? I'll tell you where I stand. I stand four-square for justice. I stand for discipline, good order and the rigid BZZT of the law - and Grud help any limp-wrist liberals who say any different.