2000 AD > General

Drokk!! - a rival to SpaceSpinner 2000??

(1/7) > >>

AlexF:
Word is, there's a new podcast in town, reviewing all of Judge Dredd, in order.
Details to be found here:
http://www.waitwhatpodcast.com/wait-what-ep-264/,
- but you have to the end. (or download the episode and fast forward by about 2 hours!)

It's being co-hosted by comics/pop-culture journalist Graeme MacMillan, who's appeared on the Thrillcast at least twice already, so it's in good hands. (Wait, What?, his main podcast, is bizarrely entertaining and listenable, despite the general rambling tone. I guess it's down to the chemistry with his co-host, which is on the same level of infectious as Fox 'n Conrad.

Apparently it kicks off next week...

Frankly, what has me most excited are the comments at the bottom of the above-linked post, in which their American listeners get very excited to find out more about Dredd.

Who'd have thought that the best way to promote the joys of 2000AD, a silent comic, would be via podcast, an auditory-only experience...

Rogue Judge:
SpaceSpinner 2000 has no rival! viva la  Fox & Conrad! *Friend of the show!*

Honestly (as a North American) I have no one else to really talk to about my passion for 2000 AD (The comics, the art, the creators etc.) so I get great joy from listening to both Space Spinner 2000 and the Mega City Book Club podcasts. It's great to hear others enjoying the comics I've become obsessed with.

(I also discovered Heroes of 2000 a.d. via MCBC and have began reading through it from the beginning - today I read No.14 Robbie Morrison, next up is the Dreddcount part 1. Fantastic effort, much appreciated!)

With that said, there is so much Dredd to cover and so many perspectives that I think there is always room for more - hopefully this is more of a complement than a competitor.

Colin YNWA:
Had a prod around the Podcast advertising this and they certainly seem to have the relaxed chit chatty relationship that makes these things work (well as long as you don't take it too far and forget folks are there to listen about comics and related stuff and not middle aged men belly aching as some podcasts seem to forget!). Be really interesting to see how they handle the amount of content and they seem to have a good grip on that.

Will defo check this out, thanks for the heads up.

AlexF:
The two hosts, Graeme and Jeff, talk about 2000AD at least a little bit on most episodes of Wait, What?, they're big fans. They have a deep abiding love of Zombo, for one.
I'm sure they'll give their own background when they start putting out the Drokk spinoff, but as far as I can tell Graeme (the Scot) grew up reading 2000AD in the early 80s, and has kept in touch ever since. Jeff  (the American), has read bits of Dredd here and there before reading 2000AD on the regular in recent years, so I imagine the early stuff will be brand new to him. As with Conrad and Fox, it's likely to yield a fun dynamic of opinions / appreciation.

CalHab:

--- Quote from: Colin YNWA on 07 February, 2019, 07:48:14 AM ---(well as long as you don't take it too far and forget folks are there to listen about comics and related stuff and not middle aged men belly aching as some podcasts seem to forget!)

--- End quote ---

Everything comes back to that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version