Main Menu

Kevin O'Neill's Mek Memories

Started by AlexF, 21 March, 2022, 12:44:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexF

Anyone seen that there's a new UK comics-related reprinting house, called Dark & Golden?
They're launching with a reprint of Kev O'Neill's Mek Memories, which I've heard of but never seen before.

https://darkandgolden.bigcartel.com/products to buy it

https://www.getrevue.co/profile/ComicsFYI/issues/to-mek-or-not-to-mek-that-is-the-question-1088625
For an interview with the dudes behind Dark & Golden (who say nice things about both Rebellion's Treasury imprint and Hibernia as similar outfits)

If there's another thread about this somewhere else, my apologies!

Art

I am of course super fucking hyped at the possibility of getting my hands on this.

rogue69

Colin YNWA

Art

Dies involve some wince inducing postage... on the other hand it's a thing I've wanted since I first knew about it decades ago.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Art on 21 March, 2022, 08:50:59 PM
Dies involve some wince inducing postage... on the other hand it's a thing I've wanted since I first knew about it decades ago.

I ordered something else (Bone - Coda) that I've always wanted to soften that blow... I almost ordered an Asterix toy as well but stopped myself!

Link Prime

Quote from: rogue69 on 21 March, 2022, 08:24:15 PM
Gosh! are selling signed copies of this instore or online for just £8
https://goshlondon.com/mek-memoirs-pre-order/?fbclid=IwAR3SSVnED_nQ2tfduBVEOCgD1qkf2VZs1YpooUyzrxkUtfooBsLrk1HY2BI

They have shipping options for Rwanda and Yemen, but not Ireland.
The fuck?

Dash Decent

Quote from: Link Prime on 22 March, 2022, 12:22:49 PM
They have shipping options for Rwanda and Yemen, but not Ireland.

Yeah, it's their weird 'we only ship to countries with the same vowel in them' policy.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

pauljholden

Yoink! Ordered it. I have high hopes that someone suggests to them they reprint Jerry Paris's Bug Hunter, a long out of print/amazing bit of work that is very 2000ad but was published in the magazine Computer and Video Games...

-pj

Art

rogue69

Just got my copy today, it comes in a envelope with the front cover on with a free print inside.
This is well printed, has a new front cover and and an comes unstapled (at Kevin's request)
Inside there are some great unseen images by Kevin O'Neill from the early 70's with an introduction on how this and Just Imagine (a special effects fanzine) helped get him his job with 2000AD and a disagreement about Robot Archie along with Pat Mills original idea not to have robots in the comic

Colin YNWA

This is lovely. Mines landed and this makes a wonderful addition to sit alongside my editions of Cosmic Comics from Hibernia Press. Thanks for the heads up AlexF.

On a side note the Bone Coda makes a lovely addition to my other, too numerous to mention - Bone comics, collections and expensive trinkets. 

Dandontdare

Quote from: rogue69 on 25 March, 2022, 01:15:30 PM
Just got my copy today, it comes in a envelope with the front cover on with a free print inside.
This is well printed, has a new front cover and and an comes unstapled (at Kevin's request)
Inside there are some great unseen images by Kevin O'Neill from the early 70's with an introduction on how this and Just Imagine (a special effects fanzine) helped get him his job with 2000AD and a disagreement about Robot Archie along with Pat Mills original idea not to have robots in the comic

That's odd - any explanation why he requested that?

Leigh S

My understanding is that the original was staple free, so this was done for verisimilitude?

Quote from: Dandontdare on 29 March, 2022, 07:16:01 PM
Quote from: rogue69 on 25 March, 2022, 01:15:30 PM

That's odd - any explanation why he requested that?

rogue69

He asked for it to be staple free as the original copies did not have staples