Main Menu

Prog drought!

Started by Leigh S, 11 October, 2020, 03:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Bank Holidays do knock things out in that given week but I'd suggest normally that should be straight by now (having no idea about what's going on in the back ground).

Number of folks posting in the review threads suggest there isn't a wide spread problem? Are you just missing this weeks or is it also previous ones still outstanding?

The Enigmatic Dr X

I am missing the most recent prog, but it always comes sooner or later
Lock up your spoons!

XRayLexx

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 13 May, 2021, 10:28:47 AM
Bank Holidays do knock things out in that given week but I'd suggest normally that should be straight by now (having no idea about what's going on in the back ground).

Number of folks posting in the review threads suggest there isn't a wide spread problem? Are you just missing this weeks or is it also previous ones still outstanding?

2230 was a few days late.
2231 is MIA at the moment.

XRayLexx

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 13 May, 2021, 10:31:06 AM
I am missing the most recent prog, but it always comes sooner or later

Has yours shown up yet?

Proudhuff

Prog drought officially over! Saturday delivery for both Prog and Magazine! Well done TMO and Royal Mail!!
And the new bestest team on Dredd the Big W and Happy Shrapnel droids!!
DDT did a job on me

Colin YNWA

Well stop chating here, get it read and get a review thread started HUH!

Taylor Towers is still Progless... but I got tourney's to prepare to distract me...

Barrington Boots

I'm guessing it's not the case from the healthy looking review threads, but worth me checking: anyone else having issues with postal Progs this year? I know Covid is hitting a lot of services hard and our post here is really messed up, but it is filtering through Porgs aside.

My copy of 2262 never arrived (although the Subs team kindly sent me a replacement which did) and neither has my copy of 2263. 2264 hasn't rocked up either yet - that was only due this weekend but I'm getting a sinking feeling about it.
This is following the disappearance of 2250 too... normally the subscription delivery runs like clockwork but two in a row and three in thirteen has me wondering if there's a problem somewhere.

You're a dark horse, Boots.

IndigoPrime

Mine's been mostly fine, but some other stuff has been random. One of mini-IP's Phoenix issues rocked up eight or nine days late. I suspect the entire postal service is still having problems.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 10 January, 2022, 02:45:43 PM
Mine's been mostly fine, but some other stuff has been random. One of mini-IP's Phoenix issues rocked up eight or nine days late. I suspect the entire postal service is still having problems.

Yeah generally my 2000ad's land - though occasionally late (by which I mean Wedneday or after) and one did go missing late year.

The bigger surprise was missing a Phoenix - which even at the height of Covid turned up like clockwork. Got a replacement no problem but things still seem a little sticky at the Post Office.

IndigoPrime

Phoenix has been wobbly here, but still the most reliable of the comics. I was deeply impressed when an issue didn't show up, though. I pinged them via DM on Twitter and a copy arrived the next day by guaranteed 24-hour shipping.

Dandontdare

We have had one post delivery of anything since before Xmas. Lost track of how many progs I'm behind now.

Southstreeter

New year prog still missing in Perth. It was poor last autumn then sorted itself out later in the year.

Barrington Boots

Thanks for the responses dudes. Sounds like it's probably Covid messing with post rather than anything sinister - weird that I'm getting some post and not others, but I suspect bulkier items are being prioritised.

All those who like me are still missing issues, hope they get resolved soon..!
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Pyroxian

Richard

I got 2262 on time, and 2264 arrived today, but I don't have 2263.