Main Menu

Ultimate Not Dredd Tournament (UNDT) - Round 1

Started by Colin YNWA, 19 July, 2020, 07:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

So here we go the Ultimate Not Dredd Tournament kicks off and here's how Round 1 will work.

Each day I will start 2 threads (Mods are you cool with this in the General Section as it does tend to swamp things - happy to move things if you wish). One for a group of 'Heroes', one for a group of 'Villains'

Rules

1. In each group you can vote for the two characters you'd like to go through to Round 2, just type the names in a reply to the thread.

2. There is no weighting to your vote, each vote gets that character 1 point.

3. If you vote for only one character in a vote thats fine but they will still only get one vote. If you name more than two I will give the first two mentioned a vote each (unless you make it clear who you are voting for in which case I will allocate accordingly)

4. After 3 days I will count up the votes in each group and the 2 characters with the most votes will progress into the next round.

5. Some groups for reasons of trying to be fair at nominations, have 5 characters in. This is just bad luck and only two will progress.

6. In the event of a tie I will have any casting vosts needed (I will therefore not vote in the actual rounds)

7. What makes the best character - well that's up to you. Its not meant to be the best, or most stories a character appears in, its how much you like the character. Can be best design, most interesting, heck you can decide it on who would win in a fight for all I care. All I ask is this is about the character not specifically their story.

So I'm not a big fan at all of original Rogue Trooper but I might vote for Mr Brass and Mr Bland as I think they are great characters.

8. As ever I'm making this up as I go along and might change things as I go on?

Colin YNWA

Sorry meant to add Round 1 consists of 128 132 split into 16 groups in each of 2 Divisions 'Heroes' and 'Villains' - who are the heroes and villains in 2000ad is something we can discuss in the threads as it makes for interesting discussion - which is what all this about.

I (with the help of some folks here) have tried to theme the groups but its... flexible...

This round we will half (and a little more) this number with 64 characters going through to Round 2.

The Tournament structure is here.

https://forums.2000ad.com/index.php?topic=46631.0

broodblik

The battle lines have been drawn, let combat commence
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: broodblik on 19 July, 2020, 09:23:48 AM
The battle lines have been drawn, let combat commence

More like let combat comment!