Main Menu

Slaine graphic novels

Started by ronvlad, 19 August, 2008, 04:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronvlad

Help.
To find my lost my youth i need to re-read slaine's adventures. Can anyone help with the sequence of graphic novels or suggest which reprints include all his adventures.

thanks

Big Ron

Dark Jimbo

http://www.2000adonline.com/books/slain ... ed-god.php

There you go, just scroll down a bit. The first four books of the series through to Horned God, and the three Books of Invasion that more or less wrapped up the saga.
@jamesfeistdraws

ronvlad

Ah, thanks!

What about Slaine the defiler and Slaine Exile, where do they go up to?

Ron

ronvlad

Also, where does Slaine the collection stop and start?

Ron

Leigh S

Slaine the Exile and Slaine the defiler are prose novels, which ....reimagine.... Slaines early exploits.

What you want is Rebellions recent releases of
Warriors Dawn
Time Killer
...the King
The Horned God.

Leigh S

After the Horned God, Slaine is sent thru time to do the Goddesses work -

The frst two fo these stories were repritned back in the 90s:  
Demon Killer is set in Roman times
Treasures of Britain was a take on Arthurian legend

Yuo can get both in a collection called "Warrior Beyond Time", again long out of prit

There are a few more time travel tales featuring William Wallace, Robin Hood, and some french.  None of these have been collected in the UK as far as I'm aware

Next came a few flashbacks, before Slaine was sent back to his own time to sort out "the secret commonwealth" - a bit fo a false start from all concerned it seems, but Rebellion have released 3 handsome volumes of the story that followed this, the much more enjoyable "Books of Invasions", which takes us up to date with Slaines adventures.

ronvlad

Righto, What about the collected slaine? Where does that start and stop

Leigh S

Warriors Dawn, Time Killer, King and Horned God are all out and available from Rebellion and take you through the first half of Slaines career - the first 3 are in black and white, and the Horned God takes us into the first full colour story.  From here, who knows?  They are pretty comprehensive, though theres a couple of colour annual stories that haven't yet been rounded up from this period - being full colour, they might turn up in later volumes.

As I say, you can get the next two stories , Demon Killer and Treasures of Britain, if you want to search ebay for the 90s collections, but they are long out of print.  It's possible that Rebellion will plough on and bring us new versions of these that will hopefully be more complete (theres a couple of important stories in one of the yearbooks and in the Slaine poster prog that really do need to be included in any future collections of Slaines time travel exploits)

The other time travel stuff and Slaines return to his homeland jsut arent available yet, but you can get lovely hardbacks of the most recent Slaine story if you want tosee what hes been up to most recently