Main Menu

Order of Graphic Novels

Started by Pioneer, 24 September, 2008, 02:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pioneer

So just to clarify, Necropolis Book 1 includes A Letter To Judge Dredd as well as Tale Of The Dead Man?
And the singular book of Necropolis doesn't include either?

radiator

Hi Pioneer, how are you getting on with the books? Have you read any of the ones on my list?

I've got Necropolis Book One (Titan) in front of me now, and it contains Tale of the Dead Man, By Lethal Injection, Rights of Succession and Dear Annie - so no Letter to Judge Dredd, I'm afraid. I don't think that particular story has ever been reprinted.

The Necropolis graphic novel, published by Hamlyn contains just Dear Annie and Necropolis.

Its a bit confusing, but if you don't mind waiting a bit you'll be able to pick up the next few books of the Judge Dredd Case Files (12,13 and 14) will presumably cover Necropolis and all of the lead up and epilogue strips.

Pioneer

Hey, haven't actually read any cos they haven't arrived yet! Got Case Files 1&2, Mandroid, Total War and America on order from Forbidden Planet but they haven't turned up yet!
You know of any good online stores to source the older out of print novels? Had bids on Dead Man, Tale Of and Neceopolis on Ebay but lost out on all of them mainly due to my iphone's bad signal which was massively frustrating! Would prefer to pick up the necropolis saga asap to be honest cos missed it first time around for whatever reason, was around the time I kinda lost interest I think, actually had The Tale Of The Deadman Graphic Novel I seem to remember, but any ideas when the case files featuring those stories will be available?
Thanks again for the help :D

radiator

Case Files 12 (which should include Bloodline) is down for Feb 2009, no word yet on 13,14.

My advice with getting the Necropolis books is just be patient. Keep scouring eBay every few days and they'll turn up sooner or later. I tend to use 'Buy it now' where possible to avoid all that bidding hassle.

Amazon marketplace always has copies of Necropolis, Dead Man etc and they're always at crazy prices like £50, but keep checking back every few days and eventually there'll be a reasonably priced one show up.

A couple of years ago, I managed to get The Dead Man for £5, and Necropolis Book One for £12 this way.

IAMTHESYSTEM

How do you get all your information radiator? Is there some hidden list on the forums somewhere?

I think there's a forth coming 'Thargs Future Shocks' (hooray!) I saw on Amazon but that's the only bit of info I've uncovered about soon to be published 2000A.D series. Have you infiltrated Thargs lair with cat like fortitude ?  

If you have you couldn't nab me one of those Mugs you get free if you subscribe ? !  :?:
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

radiator

IAMTHESYSTEM

YEYYY! Arthur Ranson's depiction of Judge Anderson was one of my fav's ! To Amazon and hideous expenditure !
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

radiator

Judge Dredd: Necropolis and Tale of the Dead Man now pretty much confirmed releases for next summer:

//http://www.2000adonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=23004

Pioneer

Thats good news, long time to wait I guess but it'll be worth it!
Another question though, would the GN "Wilderlands" need to be purchased to complete the Mechanismo storyline?

TordelBack

Yes, in that it does complete the Mechanismo saga.  Opinions are divided over whether there's any other reason to buy/read it.  I re-read it in back-progs a few year's back while pretending to move things from my parents' attic to my attic, and ended up really enjoying it (despite the Missing Episode Problem), but I remember being nonplussed the first time out.  Probably worth it for Ezquerra's psychadelic experimentation with Photoshop.

radiator

Quotewould the GN "Wilderlands" need to be purchased to complete the Mechanismo storyline?

No. The two Hamlyn collections - Mechanismo and Wilderlands, miss out Mechanismo: Body Count which is a huge and important chunk of the whole Mechanismo storyline. Body Count has never been reprinted and currently the only way to get hold of it is to buy the original Megazines (Volume 2, issues 37-43).

It's very frustrating, and I've long hoped that Rebellion would issue definitive version, either in the Case Files, or perhaps in a two book deal like they're doing with Necropolis.

If they do publish a new version, they should so go with this image for the cover:

radiator

For completeness sake, I'll add that the Mechanismo robots have also turned up in Dead Ringer, Judge Dredd/Aliens: Incubus, Mandroid: Instrument of War and I think they're also in Lawcon, which is free with this month's Megazine.

Pioneer

Picked up a copy of Blind Justice, where would that fit in this list?

radiator

Here's an updated list...

Complete Case Files Volumes 01-13
The Dead Man (Rebellion)
Complete Case Files Volumes 14,15
Judgment Day (Rebellion/DC)
Mechanismo (Rebellion)
Wilderlands (Hamlyn)
Blind Justice (Hamlyn)
The Pit (Hamlyn)
The Hunting Party (Rebellion)
The Scorpion Dance (Hamlyn)