Main Menu

Order of Graphic Novels

Started by Pioneer, 24 September, 2008, 02:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

QuoteThe Doomsday follow up was quite subtle.

Yeah - there wasn't really too much mention of rebuilding the city or anything like that. The most notable follow up story (that isn't in the Doomsday graphic novels) is The Cal Legacy (2 episodes Progs 1178 to 1179 12 pages). There's also Incident at Rowdy Yates (1 episode Prog 1169 6 pages). Also worth checking out are I, Jovis (1 episode Meg 3.60 15 pages), Lobsang Rampage (1 episode Meg 3.61 6 pages) and Short Circuit (1 episode Meg 3.61 9 pages).

Among the perps who escaped were PJ Maybe (The All New Adventures of P. J. Maybe 1 episode Prog 1204 6 pages) and Trapper Hag (The Revenge of Trapper Hag 2 episodes Progs 1165 to 1166 12 pages).

I think the Doomsday fallout also fed somewhat into the introduction of Banzai Batallion in No Man's Land (3 episodes Progs 1183 to 1185 18 pages).

Pioneer

Currently on a reread of the list, am now on Case Files 11, just about to start Revolution.
At what point would the first America story occur? Same goes for the second and third, would like to read these at the same point as they happened in the Dreddverse timeline

radiator

America spans a few decades of Dredd timeline in flashback, but I guess the 'present day' bits would fall just before Necropolis.

Pioneer

Cool thanks Radiator, your knowledge has enriched my life massively over the last couple years! (that and the Dredd books of course)

Any ideas on the other two stories?

radiator

QuoteCool thanks Radiator, your knowledge has enriched my life massively over the last couple years!

Any time, dude. It's very gratifying for me that you have enjoyed the books I have suggested so much.

As for the other America stories:

Fading of the Light was published summer 1996, so should chronologically take place just after The Pit.

Cadet was autumn 2006 (I think), so I'd read that just before or after Origins.

Jedit

We can actually place all three stories exactly in continuity through America Beeny, who is conceived just before the end of America.  Beeny graduates from the Academy in 2130 after only 12 years, so she was born in 2113.  America therefore takes place in 2112 - probably just before Necropolis, or it would have been mentioned - Fading of the Light is set in 2118, and Cadet is 2128 (Beeny being a Year 10 student at the time).

In other words, the stories fit the standard Dredd pattern of being set 122 years after first publication.

Pioneer

Just picked up a copy of Judgement On Gotham, could anyone tell me where this would slip into the list chronologically?

Better still, would anyone like to completely flesh out the list including every Dreddworld book that's available??
I've picked up pretty much everything possible over the last couple of years, and I mean everything, from Shimura to Devlin Waugh, Judge Death to Chopper etc and seem to have developed a certain level of autism (that's what the other half fondly calls it) regarding chronological continuity in my consumption of these great works!

Obviously excluding things like Book Of The Dead, Death Aid, Justice One etc that have already appeared or are coming up in the case files.

Guess I could just refer to the front pages which show in which issues the stories originally ran, but that would be a time consuming task and there's not really enough hours in the day as it is for me. Could make for a neat little project for someone with an astounding knowledge of all things Dredd, who has a little spare time on their hands....

Radiator?? ;)

Leigh S

Judgement on Gotham follows prety closely after Necropolis, following as it does the next (arguiably first!) merry japes of Judge Death.

The spin off stuff - not sure theres any worth trying to put it into a "time line", as very little of it references whats going on in Dredd and its safe to say next to nothing in Dredd references the spin off stuff.