Main Menu

Synth Britannia

Started by Magnetica, 06 May, 2016, 08:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnetica

I have just been watching the BBC Four documentary Synth Britannia. It is a nice nostalgic look at the invention of electronic music in the 80's feature bands such as Kraftwerk, Depeche Mode, The Human League, Yazoo, OMD, Ultravox, Eurythmics, New Order and the Pet Shop Boys.

A reminder to me that there is more to great music than the diet of Metallica, Iron Maiden, Def Leppard and Manic Street Preachers I have been on lately.

Anyway, enough of that...Phil Oakey was wearing a "You have been judged" T -Shirt featuring the Dark Judges as drawn by Brian Bolland in the video to "Together in Electric Dreams".

Wow!!!

I had never noticed that before. I do seem to vaguely recall he is (or was ) a Squaxx (?).

sheridan

Quote from: Magnetica on 06 May, 2016, 08:38:18 PM
I had never noticed that before. I do seem to vaguely recall he is (or was ) a Squaxx (?).
Well, they do have a song called "I am the law" (B-side of Dare, iirc).  Plus they fought with Sam Slade in Brit-Cit.

COMMANDO FORCES

I'll always watch that video if I'm flicking through the music channels and not just for the awesome T-shirt.

esoteric ed

Great documentary, good old BBC4.

Ed

CalHab

"She's Leaving" from OMD's Architecture & Morality came up on my iPod yesterday, so I had to listen to the rest of the album. OMD really were under-rated.

I, Cosh

Recorded this at the time and watched it over the weekend. Brilliant stuff.
We never really die.