Main Menu

STEAM MACHINE?!

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 11 March, 2015, 06:46:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

NapalmKev

Looks Tasty. If it came packaged with Left 4 Dead 3* I'd certainly buy it.

Cheers

*If it ever gets made.
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

CheechFU

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 11 March, 2015, 06:46:13 PM
...more like DREAM machine amiright?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/353390/

Depends if your dream is Linux and a fraction of the steam library, better off with a Windows machine for gaming.
The controller I want though

Satanist

Half Life 3 or GTF!

They are smart but at the price probs better off just building one yourself (or asking a geeky mate to do it for you like I did)
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: Satanist on 12 March, 2015, 01:19:21 PM
(or asking a geeky mate to do it for you like I did)

Hmmm... go on?

Famous Mortimer

I bought a mini gaming PC off eBay - probably £50 more than buying the parts and doing it myself, but then I didn't have to buy the parts and do it myself. Fits nicely under the telly, XBMC and Steam are on it, sorted.

Keef Monkey

I'm pretty interested in the streaming box they've got coming out, got a decent gaming PC but if it'll let me stream my games to the living room telly I'd play a lot more PC games. It's hooked up in the spare room, and it's cold in there.

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on 13 March, 2015, 09:52:35 AM
I bought a mini gaming PC off eBay - probably £50 more than buying the parts and doing it myself, but then I didn't have to buy the parts and do it myself. Fits nicely under the telly, XBMC and Steam are on it, sorted.

That's deeply impressive! For me it's mostly an issue of space. The laptop works OK as a gaming machine - but it's crammed to the gills with games!!

Rog69

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 13 March, 2015, 02:49:53 PM
I'm pretty interested in the streaming box they've got coming out, got a decent gaming PC but if it'll let me stream my games to the living room telly I'd play a lot more PC games. It's hooked up in the spare room, and it's cold in there.

Same here, I already have a meaty gaming PC so I am only really interested in the streaming box for now. I already have a setup with an old potato of a PC under my TV and I'm using the Steam streaming function to game in my lounge with the main PC upstairs doing all the heavy lifting.

It wouldn't be too difficult for anyone to do a similar setup, just grab a used small form factor PC off Ebay and get a wireless Xbox pad hooked up to it. The whole thing would probably only cost as much as a couple of new games and give you the same experience as the Steam branded thing when it comes out.

CheechFU

What you really want is this
QuoteSMACH Zero is officially the new name of the first handheld console that runs Steam OS. It is a new way of playing Steam games wherever and whenever you want. SMACH is a third party that is not developed by Valve Corporation. They expect to launch the SMACH Zero in 2016.

The former name, Steamboy Project, was a provisional name for their prototype. It just had the purpose to describe the goal of the handheld console. The SMACH team is still working on the development of the prototype. The production of SMACH Zero is expected to start in 2016.

Their main goal is to create a prototype that makes it possible to play the latest games on Steam. With the SMACH Zero you will be able to play everywhere you want. At the moment they are working on the final specifications.

The design of the SMACH Zero will have similarities with the new Steam controller announced by Valve. More information about the SMACH Zero will be given during the E3 in June 2015.

The SMACH team would like to thank everyone for all the feedback and support from the Steam community.
Steamboy was a much cooler name though

CrazyFoxMachine

Shouldn't it be S.M.A.C.H. 0?