Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: ming on 27 February, 2016, 05:24:55 PM
Quote from: Tordelback on 27 February, 2016, 03:44:40 PMAlso using my sleep deprivation to come up with RPG encounters to run for the family over the holiday. Multi-tasking!

It's probably a sign of the times in which we live that I initially wondered what kind of family fun rocket propelled grenade encounters you were planning...  The penny dropped eventually, I'm happy to say.

Who says your initial reading was wrong? Finally on the way home, 36 hours later, with a whole 12 hours til I'm due back for another 12. Happiness is the prospect of a warm bath and a cuddly woman.

Old Tankie

Great day, England winning the rugby, grandchildren over and the lad turning up with lots of comics.

Colin Zeal

Statement came through from the electricity provider. I've been overpaying them massively for ages. I'm getting a refund of over £900 and have cut my monthly payments by two thirds.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Colin Zeal on 02 March, 2016, 11:37:02 AM
Statement came through from the electricity provider. I've been overpaying them massively for ages. I'm getting a refund of over £900 and have cut my monthly payments by two thirds.

Refunds are always good news - you've already factored in the payment month by month so it feels like free money - I hope you'll be spending it wisely on comics and action figures rather than frittering it away on mortgages or such nonsense!

Colin Zeal

Already got a mortgage. I have already used the promise of the money to get myself the Zenith Apex edition, but sadly the rest will go on boring stuff such a new fridge and decorating the flat.

JayzusB.Christ

Another episode in the ridiculous tale of the Yamaha Majesty I bought in January, I'm afraid.  It was declared engine-dead a few weeks ago, with no chance of sourcing a new engine, and yesterday I heavy-heartedly made a verbal contract with a breaker to let go of it and sell it for scrap.

This morning my dad, fair play to him, found a replacement engine.  The mechanic will now fix it instead of scrapping it. Thanks dad.  My scooter will rise again.

(Sadly, someone had to break his shoulder and total his own Majesty for me to get the engine, so I suppose the bike is more George Best circa 2002 than Lazarus circa 33.)
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JayzusB.Christ

And now I've found a patch of land to live on, with water and electricity, for only  €1500 a year, ,in pretty much the exact location I wanted to live.  What's happening?  I've been lucky twice in two days.  Something's very wrong.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

Bloody Hell, that's great! I'm happy for you, JBC, truly - it's not often that posts on this forum put a smile on my face, but this one has.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Link Prime

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 11 March, 2016, 11:40:00 AM
Bloody Hell, that's great! I'm happy for you, JBC, truly - it's not often that posts on this forum put a smile on my face, but this one has.

Here here.
Delighted for you JBC.

Now about that ancient Indian burial ground....

TordelBack

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 11 March, 2016, 11:00:42 AM
And now I've found a patch of land to live on, with water and electricity, for only  €1500 a year, ,in pretty much the exact location I wanted to live.  What's happening?  I've been lucky twice in two days.  Something's very wrong.

The ruleof three means you must go on the pull immediately. It's required by macrocosmic law.

That's great news, JBC.

Old Tankie

Very pleased for you JBC, they say things come in threes, so what's next?

maryanddavid

Dandontdare

Nice one!

Now practice after me... "Get ooorrrf moy laaaaaand!"

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Proudhuff

Nice one JBC, always good to hear some good news. :thumbsup:
DDT did a job on me