Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spikes

For the third week running ive bought the prog (being trades only, ive missed out on a lot over the years, and because of the hype/general word of mouth regarding DoC, i just couldnt stand the wait any longer). Does this mean im now buying the prog for good, i dunno. But knowing me it probably does. And reading the prog is even sweeter, as ive been reading them in works time,  ;)

Gulp, all those back issues to collect now......

Albion

Mrs Albion made me a Dredd birthday cake.  :D

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

maryanddavid

Something Fishy

Something Fishy

It was my birthday yesterday.  Had a quiet day as we did a meal at the weekend (lovely) and are going to see Spamalot next weekend.  Did get a new guitar and the Game of Thrones Blu Ray set though.. Awesome.

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Albion

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

JayzusB.Christ

The offer extends to Fishy, who(m?) I forgot to wish a happy birthday too.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

shaolin_monkey

...because I was sent the DROKK album, I picked up the Dave Gibbons Dr Who anthology, and Minecraft was released on the 360!  Yay! A good couple of days.

Hoagy

And Game of Shadows goes home theatre toady!!!
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

SmallBlueThing

... I can hear again. Ive had impacted wax in both ears for a couple of weeks and have been dutifully filling my ear canal with warm olive oil every day in order to prepare for a damn good syringeing today. That has now been done, and while i have 'some redness of the ear drum' in my right ear, which may or may not become a problem, i can hear things again and can stop shouting at everybody.

My advice to everybody: you know when the doctor says 'nothing bigger than an elbow to go in your ear'? They mean it. Cotton buds and fingers do four things:

They impact the wax that is already there, causing deafness and infection.

They cause the ear to think it's under attack and so generate more wax as a defence.

They straighten out the otherwise bendy ear canal, damaging the ear.

They damage the fine hairs lining the ear canal.

All of which contributes toward compromising your hearing and causing you pain. So, no cotton buds!

SBT

Colin Zeal

Trout

That elbow thing's nonsense. I've been trying to do it for years and it's just not possible.

- Trout

;-)

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 14 May, 2012, 11:26:12 AM
... I can hear again. Ive had impacted wax in both ears for a couple of weeks and have been dutifully filling my ear canal with warm olive oil every day in order to prepare for a damn good syringeing today. That has now been done, and while i have 'some redness of the ear drum' in my right ear, which may or may not become a problem, i can hear things again and can stop shouting at everybody.

My advice to everybody: you know when the doctor says 'nothing bigger than an elbow to go in your ear'? They mean it. Cotton buds and fingers do four things:

They impact the wax that is already there, causing deafness and infection.

They cause the ear to think it's under attack and so generate more wax as a defence.

They straighten out the otherwise bendy ear canal, damaging the ear.

They damage the fine hairs lining the ear canal.

All of which contributes toward compromising your hearing and causing you pain. So, no cotton buds!

SBT

Fuck me, mate, funny you should say that, I was just about to post the same thing. I had mine syringed today too, and by Jesus it feels good. Way better than being near-deaf and feeling like somebody's blowing up a balloon in my aural canal for a weel.
Wish I'd known about the cotton buds though, I massively worsened my own situation before I got it fixed.

In other news, SOMEBODY SAVED MY FUCKING LIFE TODAY.  I was indulging in my new pastime of floating (not swimming) down the river Kwai, this time with a couple of fellow travellers, when my toe got stuck on a fishhook that was attached to the river bed.  Had I been on my own, like I was during the last couple of floats, I would have died by drowning, absolutely no doubt about it.  Fortunately my now-good-friend John Ryan managed to keep me afloat while I dug the pointy little bastard out - which was excruciatingly painful, but infinitely better than a watery grave thousands of miles from home.

Trout

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 14 May, 2012, 03:26:58 PM
SOMEBODY SAVED MY FUCKING LIFE TODAY.  I was indulging in my new pastime of floating (not swimming) down the river Kwai, this time with a couple of fellow travellers, when my toe got stuck on a fishhook that was attached to the river bed.  Had I been on my own, like I was during the last couple of floats, I would have died by drowning, absolutely no doubt about it.  Fortunately my now-good-friend John Ryan managed to keep me afloat while I dug the pointy little bastard out - which was excruciatingly painful, but infinitely better than a watery grave thousands of miles from home.

Bloody hell! I'm glad to hear you're OK. That's a bit scary.