Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Something Fishy

hippynumber1

Thank you everybody, this forum really is the best place to be. We are currently coping on slices of sleep but can't complain as he's only crying when he wants feeding or changing. I'm off for a kip now...

Something Fishy

Tiring times but so lovely.

I can barely remember all that now as it was a good few years ago.  Wonderful times though.

TordelBack

Quote from: Something Fishy on 05 January, 2016, 05:51:18 PM
Tiring times but so lovely.

I can barely remember all that now as it was a good few years ago.  Wonderful times though.

Amen to that. Times so exhausting we didn't think we'd survive them, but so amazing we can barely believe they ever happened. Savour the pain, Hippy!

DaveGYNWA

Yep, enjoy the pain right now...it gets worse as they get older :D

Now get back to the Falcon build!!
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

Something Fishy

True that Tordels and Dave.

There are ups and down along the way.

The surly teenage years are a challenge but it's a real joy to see them coming out of maturing into young adults.  My son will be 18 this year and he's a really nice fella now. M

It's all very worth it  :)

Hawkmumbler

Just had a pretty big bomb shell dropped on us. My mothers been offered a place as head midwife at Guernsey Central Hospital. It's a family visa, so that would cover all of us, thats her, my da, me, my three siblings and my grand parents (mums parents). My great aunty Penny (grans sister) lives out their and it's been a second hime to us all for my entire life so the oppertunity to move over their full time has really been a great release of stress. I'm so proud of my mum after all the effort she's put in to get to this position and the life opportunities it will provide me (i've friends at the local PADI dive center and they've contacted me, offering me a job! Honestly i'm utterly unable to compute this right now, 3 hours ago I was suffering through the worst case of retail hell and now I feel so...free lf it all.

And the next best part? It's not THAT far for when I want to come over for Thought Bubble!

Banners

Congrats, Hippy. Our little boy is now nearly 2 and life has never been better. His geeky Dad is especially happy when he does the countdown on the new Thunderbirds...(!)

Dandontdare

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 25 January, 2016, 11:32:43 PM
Just had a pretty big bomb shell dropped on us. My mothers been offered a place as head midwife at Guernsey Central Hospital. It's a family visa, so that would cover all of us, thats her, my da, me, my three siblings and my grand parents (mums parents). My great aunty Penny (grans sister) lives out their and it's been a second hime to us all for my entire life so the oppertunity to move over their full time has really been a great release of stress. I'm so proud of my mum after all the effort she's put in to get to this position and the life opportunities it will provide me (i've friends at the local PADI dive center and they've contacted me, offering me a job! Honestly i'm utterly unable to compute this right now, 3 hours ago I was suffering through the worst case of retail hell and now I feel so...free lf it all.

And the next best part? It's not THAT far for when I want to come over for Thought Bubble!

Cool, news HM. The diving job sounds right up your street. The Channel Islands have always struck me as a lovely place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there - not exactly a hub of 21st century metrosexual tolerance!

TordelBack

Sounds like a great opportunity, HM, and hopefully payoff for all your efforts with diving certification. Plus you can tell all the euroworriers what it feels like to leave the EU.

Hawkmumbler

It's probably not going to be forever, I can see myself only staying their a few years maybe before I gravitate either back to the UK or further affield. For the time being though, it'll be a much needed change of pace. Plus for the next 11 months anyway i'll be in and out if Manchester and their, so I can get any plans I already have in place covered (got loads of my courses that still needs finishing).

Mardroid

That sounds (or rather 'reads') great Hawkmonger! I'm glad for you.

I don't think I've ever been to the channel islands. My mum always spoke nice things of Jersey. One of her happiest holidays I think. I don't know how much alike Jersey nd Guernsey are.

Be careful of those narrow winding roads if driving though! I've heard in places they only squeeze in one car at a time despite being two way roads!

Goaty

richerthanyou

Quote from: Goaty on 28 January, 2016, 03:20:06 PM
I won't be single in 4 months and 3 weeks!  :o

Is that the completion date for the robot girlfriend? Technology these days huh....

haha only joking. It's good for morale ya know. Although if she was anything like Ava I'd be keen...

What's the occasion?
(  ゚,_ゝ゚)