Main Menu

Better Call Saul

Started by Smith, 26 April, 2017, 04:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

I won't argue with any of that, but do we ever see Jimmy at all in BB?

The guy in BB is Saul, a carefully-created adopted persona that has been hammered into armour by his dealings with the ABQ druglords. Jimmy may be in there somewhere, but he certainly isn't coming out to chat with Walt and Jesse.

The only bit of Jimmy that emerges from behind the mask is his raw terror when he realised that Saul wouldn't save him - Jimmy in BCS hasn't realised that, he still believes he can outwit and out-talk anyone.

I'd also argue that 'sympathetic' Jimmy left the building when he essentially killed Chuck and put the guilt on Howard. Since then he has been a rapidly-accelerating asshole.

MacabreMagpie

I've thought about if we've seen Jimmy in BB, too. The two moments that come to mind are in his last scene when he finally walks away from Walt and around the time when Mike threatened him on the whereabouts of Jesse and that shook him up.

The only thing that doesn't really carry over between the shows, in my view, is Jimmy and Mike's relationship being much deeper that it seems on the original show. Considering what we now know about what they've been through together (particularly in recent episodes), Saul not having any reaction in the desert when Jesse outs Walt as having killed Mike is a bit weird. Though you can find reasons to explain that, so it's not a big deal.

auxlen

I wasn't as enthralled in this season as I was the others for reasons I can not define. I still tuned in religiously but I for one thought the last episode did not have that finale feeling (For our protagonist at least) which was a missed opportunity in my eyes.

DaveGYNWA

How's Season 6 been for everybody, then? All settled in for the final episode on Tuesday?
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

The Legendary Shark

Same high standard throughout and the perfect final episode. Great stuff!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]