Main Menu

Friday chat - what's happening with you?

Started by Bolt-01, 30 August, 2019, 08:44:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Jovis Jaysus, good reactions, I would have froze or possibly whimpered  :-[

I spent the entire weekend relaxing: wine, sleeping, Mindhunter, beach walks, only for it all to go wrong 1st thing today, still had a lovely weekend  :thumbsup:
DDT did a job on me

TordelBack

Quote from: JamesC on 02 September, 2019, 12:25:22 PM
I'd like to hear more about the bonking couple.

You really wouldn't. I was on a mushroom foraging expedition for Shaggy Parasols, wandered out onto the beach, and found some Shagging Arseholes instead. Let's leave it at that.

Hawkmumbler

Well the interview went alright I feel, one question I couldn't see the forrest for trees but it lasted a good 90 mins and I think I cane off as at least functionally competent. Will find out in a few days.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Good man 'Mumbler, pseudopods crossed for you.

JayzusB.Christ

Thanks all, for the kind words regarding my brush with disaster, and Tordelback; loads of respect for your past inferno heroics.

Hawkie, hope you get the job!

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Colin YNWA

Fingers crossed Zac old boy. At 90 minutes you either impressed or they were too damned polite by far. I imagine the former.

Bolt-01

TordelBack

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 02 September, 2019, 06:37:21 PM
...loads of respect for your past inferno heroics.

Oh here, all.I did was stand at the doors shouting while bricking it (still gIves me nightmares). It was my missus that actually got people out of their beds and out of there before I even arrived (I was literally holding the baby at the time). She's scarily brave and icy calm in a crisis. Runs in the family - her uncle once went into a housefire and carried three kids out.

Hawkmumbler

Cheers lads, playing the waiting game is a tough one this week (pity you can't make money out of air!) but here's hoping...

paddykafka

Hell's Bells, Jaysus! That was a close call indeed.

I knew a guy who had something similar happen to him, albeit in his flat. He had started cooking some chips, but got so distracted by a hurling match on the TV, that he completely failed to notice the mini towering inferno taking place in the kitchenette. Luckily, he finally noticed the smoke as it started to spread into the living room. He managed to put out the fire okay, but his planned weekend of of drink-fuelled R&R morphed into an unexpected bout of frantic cleaning and painting before his girl friend returned from a trip away.

Glad you got away relatively unscathed. When are you having that barbecue again? :D

JamesC

I remember once seeing an old school friend get absolutely shit-faced on a night out. I bumped into him a couple of days later and he had a huge scab on the end on his nose. It turned out he'd gone home and fried himself some bacon for a sandwich - he bent over to savour the smell and fried the end of his nose!  :lol:
Could have been worse though!

TordelBack

When he was still living at home, my waster brother developed a habit of coming home stocious, and throwing a pan of beans on the cooker before passing out on the kitchen table. The smoke alarm became a regular early-hours sound in our house, but it never roused him. (Now he's a superfit former Bondi lifeguard who competes in Iron Man races all over the world. Funny thing, life).

sheridan

Fire Brigade advice is to prepare food before you go out drinking, or get a takeaway.

South Yorkshire

Mayor of London