Dredd Case Files 11 (Sep)
ABC Warriors: Third Element (Sep)
Ace Trucking Vol 1 (Nov)
Strontium Dog: Kreeler Conspiracy (Nov)
Judge Dredd: The Pit (Nov)
The VCs (Nov)
Complete Ro-Busters (Nov)
Best of Tharg's Future Shocks (Nov)

As you'd expect from Amazon, some of the details are a bit off - they think Case Files 11 is going to be a hardback, and I don't reckon we're getting *quite* that many books in November (!) but still looks a very good (if expensive) second half of the year.  Personally I'd have waited a bit before starting the new SD stories, but hey, you can't have everything (or Robo-Hunter book 4, it seems...)

Bad Andy

Ace Trucking Vol 1 (Nov)
Ace Trucking Vol 1 (Nov)
Ace Trucking Vol 1 (Nov)
Ace Trucking Vol 1 (Nov)
Ace Trucking Vol 1 (Nov)

Parteeee!

IndigoPrime

For what it's worth, that rougly correlates with the advance list I got from Jon a while back. FWIW, the months I have (which were subject to change) had ACE/Stront for Sept, Dredd 11/ABCW for Oct, Future Shocks/Ro-Busters for Nov and VCs/The Pit for Dec.

By the way, ACE Trucking fans might want to:

1. Check the page count for the first volume on Amazon. This _IS_ accurate.
2. Pre-order the thing RIGHT NOW, so the chance of the second volume showing up (which would complete ACE Trucking) is higher.

Robin Low

Some good stuff in that list, but The Best of Tharg's Future Shocks? What's going on with that? Even something like, oh, I don't know, the Ennis and Hogan Strontium Dogs would probably be more popular...

Regards

Robin (who'll no doubt keep flogging this particular horse until it's soup)

mainliner

Plenty to look forward to in 2008 then, woo-woo!!!

IndigoPrime

"The Best of Tharg's Future Shocks? What's going on with that?"

They're much requested, apparently. From what Jon said, the book's likely to include Future Shocks from high-profile writers, and could therefore potentially sell well.

the styrofoam kid

I'll definitely buy it - it'll keep my alan moore future shocks book company...

Huey2

Best of tharg's future shocks has the potential to be a really great book IF it truly is the best. I mean, you'd have a collection that's include: Moore, Wagner, Grant, Morrison, Smith, Gaiman, Delano,Milligan etc.
Particularly if they extend the remit to inclyde Twisted tales, past imperfects, terror tales etc.

Ones I'd like to see:

- The first Dr. Dibworthy tale (Moore & Gibbons)
- Alec Trench ( Grant & Ezquerra)
- Superbean ( wagner & McMahon)
- That one with the gourmand and the talking sphinx ( J. smith & Belardinelli)
- That writer's block one (Gaiman & Yeowell)
- That one with the letter travelling through time and space ( Morrison & J. Anderson)
- That one pager with the guy eating the alien eggs ( Milligan & Bradbury)

I'm sure there are others, equally great from more recent years ( That past imperfect about yuri gagarin by Arthur Wyatt), but the ones from my youth are the ones I can recall more easily.

Of course, it goes without saying that it also has the potential to be a very duff book.

- Huey

ThryllSeekyr

Where did you find that list.

Looking at the 'Slaine :The Horned God' books, which would naturally be another reprint. I was wondering if you weren't just looking at what left in stock or being resold as that is all I can find out about anything on Slaine on the Amazon web-site.

Anyway it'good to hear that they are reprinting this. There probably is still some demand for this....

I only wish they would reprint a few of those other Slaine Novels that I have only ever seen repritned in French, Spanish, Italian, German and Dutch.

As for 'The Best of Thargs Future Shocks'. That would most called for.

I want more of that stuff.

IndigoPrime

Sláine: The Horned God is on Amazon for pre-order, listed at £13.99, ISBN-13: 978-1905437733.

Grant Goggans

Ace Trucking!!  Complete Ro-Busters!!  Hell, everything sounds great.  Apart from the lack of Robo-Hunter 4, anyway, and Eurocrash.  Maybe in 2009...

I hope the Best of Future Shocks has The Shop That Sold Everything.

Ignatzmonster

paulvonscott

Complete Ro-Busters and Ace Garp Vol 1.  How essential are they?

And in huge chunky volumes as well, spot on.  I'd like to think the Garp ones were called something like Ace Trucking Log Book 1 and so on... Hope the ro-busters is the Starlord material too.

And the Stront Dog is the first book of the new Wagner material?  Excellent, I love the new stronty dog.

Some other very nice books out there too.  A nice mix of the old and new.

A small pang of anguish about robo-hunter. Would it make one case file style book or is it just too big?  Or two volumes?

If it is just too big for one case files, then a possible solution could be to release a case files of what's been collected in volumes 1-3 and a standard sized volume 4 book to finish off the series for everyone.

IndigoPrime

"Robo-Hunter 4, anyway, and Eurocrash. Maybe in 2009..."
I suspect we'll only see those volumes if sales on earlier books in the series pick up or Rebellion runs out of stuff to print.

"Hope the ro-busters is the Starlord material too."
It's complete.

"And the Stront Dog is the first book of the new Wagner material?"
Yes.

"A small pang of anguish about robo-hunter. Would it make one case file style book or is it just too big? Or two volumes?"
IIRC, Robo-Hunter could actually be completed with a single pretty normal (if fairly chunky) BW volume.

Robin Low

By the way, has anyone else tried to get Slaine: Warrior's Dawn from Amazon? They seem to be having problems getting it in? Do they wait until they have a minimum order?

This is the first time I've ever had a problem getting anything from them.

Regards

Robin