Main Menu

New Graphic Novels for April!

Started by 2000AD Online, 06 April, 2006, 08:22:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Amstor Computer

UKD --

Um, the DR: Vermin Stars trade I've got is a paperback. Are you sure yours is a hardback? It'd be interesting if that was the case as it'd mean it was published in two different editions.

I'm torn over Button Man, as I feel it's one of the few 2000AD tales that deserves the full hardback treatment. The first book may have come in at (a frankly absurd) ?17.99, but considering that the longer Slaine: The Books of Invasions Vol. 1 has just appeared at ?13.99, I don't see any reason why a future BM collection shouldn't be more reasonably priced - unless, of course, being creator-owned bumps up the cost that much. If the Button Man reprints do continue, I would hope that at the very least they're continued in the Euro format.

I'd second your requests for Robo-Hunter, Dante & Sin/Dex - one more book of each would, respectively, conclude a full reprint of a classic strip and put two other series at reasonable "on hold" points (in fact, given the paucity of Dante material since Tsar Wars ended and the lack of decent Sin/Dex since Demi was killed, you could almost say that book of four of each would consitute a complete reprint anyway ;-) )

Unless there's been some major behind-the-scenes breakthrough, I don't think we're going to see Zenith reprints, unfortunately.

The Amstor Computer

DXB -

Actually, I'd considered whether a fourth DR book might be a possibility:

DURHAM RED: THE SCARLET APOCRYPHA

Ghosts - 6pp (?)
Mirrors - 18pp
Deals - 24pp
Night of the Hunters - 38pp
Epicidium - 6pp

Necrocultura - 8pp
Semblance - 6pp
The Spirit and the Gaki - 6pp
Children of the Night - 8pp
Genegun SD - 6pp
Red Menace - 6pp
In The Flesh - 6pp

138pp total.

It's probably a bit chunkier than we would normally see in Euro format books, but it would collect all of Harrison's work on the strip (albeit without his stint on Strontium Dogs) and would tie up the whole post-SD Durham Red saga, along with the Apocrypha. Unlikely, but perhaps something for Jon & Co. to consider further down the line?

The Adventurer --

IIRC, Rebellion use the same printers for all of their books now (Magic Press are credited in the front matter, I believe).

ukdane

Amstor: You are, of course, correct- Both the Durham Red collections that I have are paperbacks. Scarlot Cantos from Hamlyn, and Vermin Stars from Rebellion. I'd mixed up thinking that Vermin was a hardback.

I don't like hardback collections, and would rather Rebellion didn't offer them at all.
I suppose the completist in me though would prefer Button Man to be completed as a run of Hardbacks, as the first one was a hardback... although, having said that I also have the trade paperback of that (released by Kitchen Sink Press).

Talking of complete collections I am surprised that they haven't chosen to collect Rogue Trooper: War Machine as a Rebellion Hardback (the Gibbons/Simpson book). I have a hardback collection (from Heavy Metal/Tundra publishing). It seems like an ideal Eurotrade, especially given all the other RT material currently being marketed.

I release that Zenith is a long shot, but I'd love to see the final Zenith book collected (and ideally a complete collection of all the books-including the interludes and the text stories from the annuals) would be great.

I can't understand why the annual/special stories are "neglected" from these "complete" collections. Indigo Prime is a perfect example of this. Collecting the special/annual stories and text story would have been perfect, and only bump the page count up by a few (20?) pages or so.

A complete Tyranny Rex would tie in well with the Indigo Prime book.

Oh, and Ace Trucking would be great to see on the lists next year. There would be some neat (5)collections.

And for gods sake let's get an Al Bastardi collection out there too soon please.
Cheers

-Daney

mechanix81

I'm all alone in wanting a Tor Cyan book. oh yes I am...
Dawn of the first day. 72 hours remain.

thinky

I'm all alone in wanting a Tor Cyan book. oh yes I am...

no you're not... all that lovely kev walker, colin wilson and jock art is just begging to be collected. seriously. i would buy it

thinky
you think this isn't me? that's so sweet...
//http://www.adverseCamber.co.uk

W. R. Logan

The print out that comes with my books has the following listed but no dates:

Alan Moore: The Complete Future Shocks
Judge Dredd: Big Deal At Drekk City
Fiends Of The Eastern Front
Judge Dredd: Case Files 4
Judge Dredd: Hunting Party
Slaine: Books Of Invasions 2
Rogue Trooper: Realpolitik
Nikolai Dante: Tsar Wars
Judge Dredd: The Complete PJ Maybe
Leviathan
Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files 5
Nemesis The Warlock Book 1

jabish

SOLD!! I just wish they'd release 'The Pit' and 'Beyond the Call of Duty/Scorpion Dance'

paulvonscott

I remember asking for this back when it was impossible.  Still, I shall be buying it :p

radiator

I just wish they'd release 'The Pit' and 'Beyond the Call of Duty/Scorpion Dance'

Theres a copy of 'Scorpion Dance' going on eBay right now - 6quid inc postage.

Aaron Smurf Murphy

On the one hand I'm well chuffed about Nemesis but on the other I flogged out for the titan hard back of terror tube, kiler watts, olric and books one and two...

The same happened with Dante when I searched high and low for the Hamlyn one (I still can't be bothered to pay 12 quid for the rebellion version just to get a couple of new stories.)

More case files - yes please.

Finn Sinn

The Adventurer

Judge Dredd: Case Files 4
Rogue Trooper: Realpolitik
Nikolai Dante: Tsar Wars
Leviathan

*Jibber* *Jibber* *Drool*
So much stuff...so much awesome stuff. So much stuff I've never read before. This is truely a great time to be interested in 2000AD, there are just so MANY good trades coming down the pipe to wet this new fan's whistle.

Just one question, whould the Complete PJ Maybe be any different they the PJ Maybe EE + the Recent Meg strip?

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

DavidXBrunt

Well there's an extra 60 plus pages of Maybe material for the collection. Perhaps the Black Museum story could be included too?

Noisybast

So, do the new Durham Red books match the dimensions of the previous printing (ie Euro sized), or are they in the US size, like most of the other new GN's?
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

The Amstor Computer

I'd guess that - at the price and page count - these are Euro trades.

The Adventurer

The way I see it, if they were going to bother putting the first Durham Red volume back into print, why didn't they just put out an all encompasing Durham Red TP instead?

That would have certainly been a more desirable format.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK