Main Menu

Judge Dredd Casefiles 24

Started by Bat King, 15 December, 2014, 10:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Cleverly or maybe just luckily only the first, main, The Pit story is included - which is 90 pages or so out of around 320 total in CF24. So I'd say go for it.

Prodigal2

Quote from: Professor Cardigan on 12 February, 2015, 11:26:01 AM
Cleverly or maybe just luckily only the first, main, The Pit story is included - which is 90 pages or so out of around 320 total in CF24. So I'd say go for it.

Ta Prof.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Prodigal2 on 12 February, 2015, 11:19:33 AM
Guys I have been reading the prog for only 3 years. I have the Pit trade. Is CF 24 still worth picking up?

TIA for any advice.

IMO, the epics and 'event' stories are always better read in the context of the Case Files - you get the full context of the era, the lead-ins, the aftermath, etc.

So to read the whole of The Pit you'll need CF24 and CF25 - which will also get you the Cal Files (the introduction of PSU and Judge Edgar, plus lots of interesting stuff about Dredd's personal backstory); Dredd chasing Death back through time to Deadworld and setting up a fascinating little casuality loop; the death of [spoiler]former Chief Judge McGruder[/spoiler]; the second America story; and the Dredd debut of superstar artist Henry Flint (and that's just off the top of my head).
@jamesfeistdraws

Hawkmumbler

Ooooh! Flints first Dredd! Colour me excited! Humble begginings I expect but it's always fun to reflect on a great artists development.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 12 February, 2015, 12:42:18 PM
Ooooh! Flints first Dredd! Colour me excited! Humble begginings I expect but it's always fun to reflect on a great artists development.

Don't hold me to that though - I took to Barney armed with the pagecounts of 24 and 25, and by my workings the last prog story in CF25 should probably be Flint's first. But might not be. Either way, plenty of Flint from 26 onwards!
@jamesfeistdraws

Hawkmumbler

It's funny. Kind of feels like we're approaching 'modern Dredd' with these volumes now i'm seeing less of the late 80's and 90's artists partacking in the stories, Mr. Macneil and Supersqurrel excluded of course.

wedgeski

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 12 February, 2015, 12:57:18 PM
It's funny. Kind of feels like we're approaching 'modern Dredd' with these volumes now i'm seeing less of the late 80's and 90's artists partacking in the stories, Mr. Macneil and Supersqurrel excluded of course.
As someone catching up on a load of stuff he missed, it feels that way to me. There's a definite feeling of transition in the air.