Main Menu

When you can't help yourself

Started by futureimperfect, 25 July, 2016, 10:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

futureimperfect

Is there a song that you can't help but sing when you hear it?

I'm on a bit of a Maiden trip right now (or should that be voyage?) and I've just noticed that Hallowed Be Thy Name does this thing where when I hear it my mouth sings the words!

It happened in a friends car too. The song came on and I ended up singing it (quite loud too) driving through the town in her convertible.

Anyone else got a song like this or am I just a bit strange?

NapalmKev

I sing along to lots of songs but I'm probably more Cacophonix rather than Sterophonics!

My favourite Iron Maiden sing-a-long is Aces High, but my voice doesn't do it justice. At all!

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

I, Cosh

Quite a few, but the one where I try to sing along to the beat as well is To Cure a Weakling Child.
We never really die.

DaveGYNWA

Quote from: futureimperfect on 25 July, 2016, 10:42:56 PM
...Hallowed Be Thy Name...

The very song that prompted me to post this on Facebook a few months back:

QuoteSongs on the radio what make you think you can sing: Iron Maiden's "Hallowed be thy name"

Kids in the sitting room what bring you back down to earth: Erin's "Shut up daddy"
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

Rackle

Quote from: futureimperfect on 25 July, 2016, 10:42:56 PM
Is there a song that you can't help but sing when you hear it?

I'm on a bit of a Maiden trip right now (or should that be voyage?) and I've just noticed that Hallowed Be Thy Name does this thing where when I hear it my mouth sings the words!

Yup! I'm guilty of doing that with "Run to the Hills" and "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" - and want to head bang along too.
Also guilty of butchering the guitar solos with vocal renditions quite shamelessly. 

As for non-Iron Maiden songs I have to sing along to: RATM's "Killing In the Name" or "Bombtrack" - it's a pavlovian reaction to the baseline, I swear.

Magnetica

For a Maiden sing along how about The Red and the Black and all its wow-ohs....brilliant stuff one you get passed the made up words.

And if classic Maiden is more your thing, for my money you can beat The Evil That Men Do.

Dudley

For me it's B*Witched's C'est La Vie.  That bouncy summery intro just carries me along every time.

Tiplodocus

Girls Aloud - Love machine and Mousse T - Horny for me.

Not really things to be sung out loud at my age.  But I can't help myself.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

sheridan

New Model Army - The Green and the Grey, Vagabonds and a few others.

Pyroxian

Quote from: sheridan on 05 September, 2016, 12:43:35 PM
New Model Army - The Green and the Grey, Vagabonds and a few others.

Heh, I was singing along to "Far Better Thing" on the way back from the pub on Saturday :)