Main Menu

Does my Art look big in this?

Started by staticgirl, 10 February, 2010, 02:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pauljholden

not doing drokktober but am doing helltober...

Le Fink

That's great PJ. I especially like the spectral hands. I'm attempting to do some drokktober. Here's yesterday's rustic sketch for the first prompt, "Dredd". Today's is 'Max Normal'.

Le Fink

Another  Drokktober sketch - today's prompt Max Normal. I've based him on Clarke Gable. Any idea who inspired him originally? It's the future, so let's have him chatting up a robot. Who has to be Morrigun.

Trooper McFad

I'm unfamiliar on Drokktober but I'm assuming it's a sketch a day? If so I'm looking forward to this every day now 😁

PJ I love the Nosfera (also like the way his hands "stick out"
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Le Fink

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 02 October, 2023, 08:18:18 PMI'm unfamiliar on Drokktober but I'm assuming it's a sketch a day? If so I'm looking forward to this every day now 😁

PJ I love the Nosfera (also like the way his hands "stick out"
It's new to me too - saw it on Facebook. The77-2000ad group is posting it every day. Clint Langley has taken part on the first two prompts.

Some blurb:

IT'S HERE! THE OFFICAL PROMPT LIST FOR DROKKTOBER'23
Don't forget to @drokktober #drokktober #drokktober23 #drokktober2023

1. Dredd.

2. Max Normal.

3. What if...Judges did the Ads?

4. Ma 'Green Fingers' Mahaffy and her Brainblooms.

5. Final Meal guests. You have five guests from the world of 2000 AD for your final meal. Who would they be and if you want, why?

6. Anderson.

7. 'Mutie the Pig'.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JohnW

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 02 October, 2023, 08:40:09 PMLoving that Max!
Likewise.
Gable would have been perfect in the role of an ageing Max. That dude was one smooth cat.

(The Warriors picture you posted earlier wasn't half bad either, Fink.)
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Le Fink

Quote from: JohnW on 02 October, 2023, 09:07:55 PM
Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 02 October, 2023, 08:40:09 PMLoving that Max!
Likewise.
Gable would have been perfect in the role of an ageing Max. That dude was one smooth cat.

(The Warriors picture you posted earlier wasn't half bad either, Fink.)

Thanks both! The warriors was my art stars entry a while back.

Le Fink

Drokktober day 3. Prompt is, what if Judges did ads? Well they'd probably arrest everyone. Here's that Levi's ad where the guy strips off in the robo-laundry. Dredd's not having it. Keep the pants on, citizen!

Hoagy

Love that laundromat design too!
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Le Fink

Quote from: Hoagy on 05 October, 2023, 01:22:35 AMLove that laundromat design too!
Thanks Hoagy. Hard to stop doodling once I've started!
I'm finding drawing a Judge tricky. As well as the usual anatomy challenges the uniform is somewhat elaborate. I can see the pros saying 'not another fricking eagle'!

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Le Fink on 05 October, 2023, 08:42:08 AM
Quote from: Hoagy on 05 October, 2023, 01:22:35 AMLove that laundromat design too!
I'm finding drawing a Judge tricky. As well as the usual anatomy challenges the uniform is somewhat elaborate. I can see the pros saying 'not another fricking eagle'!

"Doodling" !!! That's nothing like anything I doodle the details in the laundromat are brilliant.
What are you doodling with - any special pens or just a ballpoint?
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Le Fink

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 05 October, 2023, 09:23:16 AM"Doodling" !!! That's nothing like anything I doodle the details in the laundromat are brilliant.
What are you doodling with - any special pens or just a ballpoint?
Well thanks very much! I'm using a "brush pen" for the foreground characters and a "01 micron" fine liner, which is .25mm, for the laundromat. Brush pens are new to me but I'm enjoying using it, it can make a nice line. Easy to mess up the line thickness though, I'm discovering

Hoagy

Uniform can be intimidating. But don't let it. You're doing fine.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: Hoagy on 05 October, 2023, 03:05:29 PM

Uniform can be intimidating.

If it isn't, you're drawing it wrong.
You may quote me on that.