Main Menu

Does my Art look big in this?

Started by staticgirl, 10 February, 2010, 02:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

It's Simon Coleby's birthday so I defaced coloured one his pictures - ! He said he liked it!  :-[

JayzusB.Christ

Very nice!  I can see why he likes it, it complements his style very smoothly.  Have you ever submitted any colouring work to Tharg? 
Wish I could colour my own stuff on Photoshop, unfortunately I haven't a bull's notion how to do it (even the dude who coloured America Part 2 would do a better job than me).
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

CrazyFoxMachine

ohoho don't be silly it's not up to 2000ad standard at all I ain't one of those Len O'Grady types!

Jon

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 02 March, 2012, 04:53:36 PM
ohoho don't be silly it's not up to 2000ad standard at all I ain't one of those Len O'Grady types!

Well, I'm half drunk, but I'll let George Dawes answer that one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7-Zr6vZ0iE

Do some more and send it in, mate.

Unless I've completely missed the point and you actually are Len O'Grady, in which case you know my friend Richard.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Zarjazzer

The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Emperor

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 02 March, 2012, 04:22:33 PM
It's Simon Coleby's birthday so I defaced coloured one his pictures - ! He said he liked it!  :-[

And pass on our best to him on this fine day, America is not making good use of his talents (unless there is a secret project simmering under since The Authority got canned), so he should come back to 2000AD where he is more appreciated ;)

And lovely colouring. It can't hurt to rummage up a colouring portfolio, see if you can swing some pro gigs...
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

CrazyFoxMachine

...for all t'conventions I do this year I'll have a full colouring, lettering and art portfolio - !

In other news - I drew a chap from Masterchef

...and he made it his active profile picture on Twitter :O This is as big as I'm ever going to get!

Emperor

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 03 March, 2012, 01:10:07 AM
...for all t'conventions I do this year I'll have a full colouring, lettering and art portfolio - !

Good good.

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 03 March, 2012, 01:10:07 AMIn other news - I drew a chap from Masterchef

...and he made it his active profile picture on Twitter :O This is as big as I'm ever going to get!

Well done!!  :D
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Hoagy

Well I don't know if I've got the right Ashley Wood. And you can frown on my use of filters all you like. It did a competent job in a short time I have. If only commissions were this easy to pull off.  ;)

For the Weekly TAB
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

staticgirl

Bit of a Work in Progress but this is what I have been working on this weekend. Looking at Edmund Bagwell's art for Cradlegrave was a huge help as I was having trouble making the hoodie look like a hoodie... It's not been a hardship staring at his work for ages..

Emperor

Yep you've got that bob on and using Baggers was a good idea, otherwise you'd have to have done some very quick real life sketches while hoping certain rough sorts didn't spot you.

As an aside doesn't a hoodie/baseball cap combo (useful for avoiding CCTV cameras) have its own term?

mygrimmbrother

Like that Static.

As the long-rumoured Robocop reboot is being talked about again, I felt inspired to do this:

Pauul

Quoteohoho don't be silly it's not up to 2000ad standard at all I ain't one of those Len O'Grady types!

You're kidding, right?

That picture is beautifully coloured.

Nice work.

RossBam

Here's a sketch at DeviantArt of a Mega-City One criminal in a Dredd strip i'm doing.

It's also the first ever drawing I've inked using quill pens and ink so there are a couple splodges in there.

http://fav.me/d4rw42g