Main Menu

Does my Art look big in this?

Started by staticgirl, 10 February, 2010, 02:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

staticgirl

Fantasticness abounds on this thread!

JTurner

Quote from: conceptboy on 03 November, 2012, 12:32:08 PM
A quick 30 minute Photoshop speed paint of a judge... NOT Dredd as I am not a great fan of his!!!

Comments always welcome as you are to visit my updated website...

www.batteredbug.co.uk

Cheers

I like the Photoshop sketch work. Can I make one comment on your site, though? There's horizontal scrolling going on and my monitor's not too shabby (widescreen laptop) - not sure if you've worked up the layout on larger screen res? It really doesn't help people browsing - I'd suggest a gallery plugin of some sort or a standard vertical scrolling layout.

pauljholden

Quote from: conceptboy on 03 November, 2012, 12:32:08 PM
A quick 30 minute Photoshop speed paint of a judge... NOT Dredd as I am not a great fan of his!!!

I've been trying to process this statement for a few days, please help me out!

(Sorry to - potentially - derail thread, but I honestly am a little baffled as to why you'd like Judges in general, but not Dredd in particular!)

-pj

conceptboy

(Sorry to - potentially - derail thread, but I honestly am a little baffled as to why you'd like Judges in general, but not Dredd in particular!)

I am of an age when I remember Dredd in his early days and I have to say I much prefer the original character/style, the Bolland, the McMahon, the stories, Cursed earth, The day the Law died, Judge Child etc. etc. in the late 70's/early 80's to the more modern versions...

It must be an age thing!

JTurner

"Lack of appropriate level of Dredd appreciation. Ten years, creep."

conceptboy

Hopefully this doesn't show lack of respect to judges???

Still messing around with the brushes in PS but its quick and as I have no patience it suits me!

michael kennedy

snazzy

www.michaelkennedycomics.wordpress.com
www.michaelkennedyillustrationart.wordpress.com

Frank

Quote from: conceptboy on 05 November, 2012, 03:32:34 PM
Still messing around with the brushes in PS but its quick and as I have no patience it suits me!

Your painted technique, when applied to Megacity's finest, reminds me of Steve Yeowell's rare shots at Dredd. conceptboy. What that approach loses in precision and detail, it makes up for with fluidity and dynamism:

STEVIE   OWL

Daveycandlish

Vincent Price as Dr Phibes, for The Weekly Themed Art Blog
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

conceptboy

Not sure whats going on here!!

Again a speed paint in PS... custom brushes etc.  Sadly boredom got to me and that was that!

I think I need to get out more!!

markchilly

Hi Everyone,

Got some good news today, got my old job back at Parcel Force. The last seven months on the dole are something I never want to repeat.

Cheers!!

mygrimmbrother

Nice one Mark! If it's any consolation, you've certainly put the time to good use and your art, while great to start with, has improved loads  :)

markchilly

Thanks mygrimmbrotherfromanothermother.

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: mygrimmbrother on 06 November, 2012, 07:44:58 PM
Nice one Mark! If it's any consolation, you've certainly put the time to good use and your art, while great to start with, has improved loads  :)

Seconded. Congrats Chilly but I'll miss to hell your amazing work appearing every day :O

JTurner

Well done Mark - I was on the dole for nearly a year and was probably the most depressing time of my life - painting kept me from going stir crazy.