Main Menu

Does my Art look big in this?

Started by staticgirl, 10 February, 2010, 02:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Stephens

Crcking work from all. Love, love, love that Marshall pic Bhuna! Here's one I did last week. P_robbly the wrong crowd for it, but it's based on the TV show Adventuretime. With a dollop of realism, though not too much.

https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Daveycandlish

Part of a page I've been working on - story by The Legendary Shark, pencils by Tom Newell and inks by me!

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

chris_askham

Quote from: Darren Stephens on 24 February, 2013, 05:02:07 PM
Crcking work from all. Love, love, love that Marshall pic Bhuna! Here's one I did last week. P_robbly the wrong crowd for it, but it's based on the TV show Adventuretime. With a dollop of realism, though not too much.

That's bloody fantastic Darren - but no Marceline or Bubblegum Princess?

Darren Stephens

Cheers Chris. Yeh, thinking of doing another with the female cast. LSP was a last minute addition here, haha. :-)
                                       CLICK^^

DoomBot

Darren, lol brilliant. Although I hate the cartoon :-\

Darren Stephens

Quote from: DoomBot on 25 February, 2013, 08:59:37 PM
Darren, lol brilliant. Although I hate the cartoon :-\

Hehe, I hear you. It's surely a marmite show. You either love it or hate it. Personally, I really like it. But then I never have been right in the bonce. :-)
                                       CLICK^^

mogzilla

NOT MINE (grud i wish it was) but i had to share...

blackmocco

A very much work-in-progress for an upcoming art show. The show's theme is a tribute to anything Hanna-Barbera so after much wailing and gnashing of teeth I decided to Mad Max up the Wacky Races which then made me really want to see it made...!

"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Spikes

Quote from: Simon Penter on 20 February, 2013, 10:00:50 PM
Seeing Mick McMahon's posting of a Cursed Earth commission on his blog today (it's amazing - check it out!) 
reminded me that I had drawn something very similar (though by no means anywhere near the quality) a few years back - and had completely forgotten that I had drawn it. 

Just managed to find it and thought I would post it here for you to have a look.  Cheers, Simon.

I was the lucky devil who Mick did that Cursed Earth commission for, glad you liked it as well!
But this is a seriously sweet bit of art youve drawn (I wonder if Mick's seen it?). Very nice indeed.

Daveycandlish

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Frank

Quote from: blackmocco on 03 March, 2013, 03:31:09 AM
A very much work-in-progress for an upcoming art show. The show's theme is a tribute to anything Hanna-Barbera so after much wailing and gnashing of teeth I decided to Mad Max up the Wacky Races which then made me really want to see it made...!

That's fuckin' brilliant, blackmocco. Is the 'rod in the foreground the Turbo Terrific or Penelope Pitstop's Compact Pussycat? You really need to draw and colour the whole fleet and propose the Hanna Barbera/Mad Max mash-up as an idea for a Family Guy episode. Thanks for sharing.

blackmocco

Penelope Pitstop, Sauchie. The thought of updating her into some badass in pink leather was just too much to resist. There'll be a few more vehicles to go before I'm finished but fuck me, I find drawing vehicles pretty exhausting in the end. Love designing them, just hate all the technical aspects involving perspective and angles...
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

SIP

Quote from: Judge Jack on 03 March, 2013, 01:02:28 PM
Quote from: Simon Penter on 20 February, 2013, 10:00:50 PM
Seeing Mick McMahon's posting of a Cursed Earth commission on his blog today (it's amazing - check it out!) 
reminded me that I had drawn something very similar (though by no means anywhere near the quality) a few years back - and had completely forgotten that I had drawn it. 

Just managed to find it and thought I would post it here for you to have a look.  Cheers, Simon.

I was the lucky devil who Mick did that Cursed Earth commission for, glad you liked it as well!
But this is a seriously sweet bit of art youve drawn (I wonder if Mick's seen it?). Very nice indeed.

Lucky devil indeed. In my opinion that is one of Micks very best dredd pictures , worth every penny you paid for it. don't think Mick has seen this one.......think that might be a bit embarrassing as would be like sending a doodle to a master!

michael kennedy

page two for 'innoncence' for jp fitch's future noir anthology.First attempt at an entirely digital image.

for a quick step by step guide check out my blog.

my personal blog:www.mdkennedyia.wordpress.com
ENTER THE CRUCIBLE SEQ. ART MAGAZINE: www.crucible online.wordpress.com

Zarjazzer

ohhh me likey, thats grand mikekennedy.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.