Main Menu

Does my Art look big in this?

Started by staticgirl, 10 February, 2010, 02:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pictsy

A recent commission of character design development I did for a samurai comic being developed by Brandon Weygant and Tyrell Cotton (who incidentally own the copyright to these characters).

Danbo

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

mimikeke

@pictsy: nice work man! I think it'd look cool if the bg elements such as the capes, etc. were more graphic.  Just personal pref tho, I'm sure the guys who own the chars are AD'ing the commish :)

@phuz: you should totally color in some of your work, it'd be sweet :)

Something silly and quick for my fiance's bday card this year.  He is a big Alien fan.  In case you are wondering my hands are supposed to be making a heart shape but probably should be closer together  :lol:

It's also kind of a followup to this bday card haha from the previous yr

Phuz

Quote from: mimikeke on 24 February, 2014, 01:20:15 AM
@phuz: you should totally color in some of your work, it'd be sweet :)

Thanks Mimikeke. The chest-burster pic is excellent

Yes, I do do colour...

Goaty

Some work I been worked on my iPad illustration last weekend...

"Star Wars: Rise Of the Empire"

Hawkmumbler

Screw this thread and screw all you talented people!

Goaty

James

Quote from: mimikeke on 18 February, 2014, 09:30:40 AM
@goaty: what prog you use? I bought a pressure sensitive ipad pen but then I broke it immediately > : \

Was it a Wacom Creative stylus? I got one and within a few days using Procreate the battery read 0% and it wasn't working. I thought it was a battery eater so got new ones but it didn't work still. Powering the iPad on and off made it better though and it's been fine since.

James

Here's a couple of ABC Warriors I've been working on. I bought myself a Wacom Creative Stylus to go with my iPad Mini I got for Christmas with the intention of doing more drawing, more regularly.

The Mongrol started as a warm up sketch and quickly turned into a finished piece I was really happy with, so I figured I'll do the set. Currently working on Blackblood.

My plan is to do them all from the same POV so ultimately I'll combine them all into one image.

Danbo

Goaty

Karl Stephan

@Mimikeke - I really love those designs. @james - Good job on the ABC Warriors. Nice touch with Mongrel's cigar.

I've been wanting to get back into traditional painting and recently got the ball rolling with a Dredd underpainting.

Pencils first:

Underpainting in burnt sienna:

Danbo

I do like that ^

Day off work so I filled this in.

Dandontdare

Quote from: mimikeke on 24 February, 2014, 01:20:15 AM
@pictsy: nice work man! I think it'd look cool if the bg elements such as the capes, etc. were more graphic. 
Not entirely sure what "more graphic" means, but I like Pictsy's soft-edged watercolour-ish style.

And I love your alien cards Mimikeke!