Main Menu

Does my Art look big in this?

Started by staticgirl, 10 February, 2010, 02:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunk!

Going through some 5yr old files, due to setting up a new home PC, I stumbled across these.

Pages from what would've been Death To The Future 2 for Zarjaz.

Never came to fruition due to sever crapiness on my behalf, no reflection on Lee Robson's excellent script and Bolt01's infinite editor patience.

Thought something might as well see the light of day. (Quite like the last Mortis page)

"Trust we"

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

pauljholden

Quote from: Dunk! on 14 September, 2016, 10:49:34 AM

Thought something might as well see the light of day. (Quite like the last Mortis page)

This is great! Shame it's unfinished.

-PJ

Colin YNWA

Love the cheeky check out from Anderson.

Hawkmumbler

Darren Stephens

https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Woolly

Great stuff Dunk!
Page layouts are lovely, especially the Mortis page. Reads perfectly. (I'll pretend I didn't see the shoulder pads  ;))

Appreciate if you don't want to answer this, but why didn't this ever see print?

Steven Denton

Quote from: Dunk! on 14 September, 2016, 10:49:34 AM
Going through some 5yr old files, due to setting up a new home PC, I stumbled across these.

Pages from what would've been Death To The Future 2 for Zarjaz.

Never came to fruition due to sever crapiness on my behalf, no reflection on Lee Robson's excellent script and Bolt01's infinite editor patience.

That's fantastic work! I would love to see more sequential work from you... of pin-up's basically anything! why do you hide your art from us!

Dunk!

Wow, cheers guys, very much appreciated.

Glad the cheeky Anderson comes through. In my mind I start with that Bolland cover of her being dragged into the grave and channel humour for her from there.

Wooly, TBH it's as far as I got before the black dog struck, as it's want to do, so after 5yrs I just stored it under another false start and didn't even consider finishing it.

Which does mean the awesome reason for Anderson's tear goes unanswered, and part two of DTTF part two was KILLER...

Bad Dunk!
"Trust we"

pauljholden

Rest assured, the black dog is a lying twat who should be banished, not this lovely, lovely art. You have my permission to reopen the case files and finish it, because it's that good.

-PJ
(not that you need my permission, but you have it!)

Bolt-01

I've filed this under 'wouldn't it be lovely if...' and moved along.

Shame, but it's lovely to see other folk remind Dunk just how good he is. He's plain and simple one of my fave comic artist out there and it is a shame he's not able to make a living drawing funny pictures!

sheridan

Great work, Dunk!  Would love to see you continue it!

Dunk!

Well, cheers again guys for the kind words.

Lots of food for thought.

Dunk!
"Trust we"

Daveycandlish

I can only echo what the rest say - lovely stuff!
I'd love to see more of this
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

ryubyss

Dunk!, you totally could make a living off your art. artists of lesser ability have done it. I particularly like your facial expressions. comics artists commonly can't do facial expressions very well. I do not know the plot (obviously) but I could roughly figure out what happened in the story without a word.

about your reference to a "black dog": do not listen to what shrinks have to say. don't even listen to yourself, certainly not to anyone else who agrees that you can't do it. keep on going.