Main Menu

Hiya Toys Judge Dredd range?

Started by dweezil2, 23 July, 2021, 11:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Jimbo

Finally got my sweaty little hands on some of these for my recent birthday. I absolutely love them - the detail is immense! The Kleggs are probably my favourite bit of Dredd merch ever.

I've got to disagree with the naysayers about the size, though - I live in an already cramped three-bed house with a mildly disabled toddler (needs a lot of bulky apparatus) and a baby on the way. I could manage one or two 1/6th figures and that'd probably be it; 1/12th I'd still have to be pretty careful; but I feel like I can really fill up the bookshelves with these beauties!
@jamesfeistdraws

Blue Cactus

I'm not a toy collector but that Mean Machine looks great. What a young me would have given for figures like this of Rogue or the ABC Warriors...

IndigoPrime

It hadn't occurred to me until just now, but unless I missed them (and we did walk down every aisle, IIRC), these were entirely missing from Forbidden Planet in London when we recently visited.

Blue Cactus

The Glasgow branch had quite a few when I was in recently.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Blue Cactus on 20 April, 2023, 10:15:10 AMWhat a young me would have given for figures like this of Rogue or the ABC Warriors...

I'm still hanging for an original Rogue figure.  Even Sam Slade and the Kleggs* have action figures but as far as Rogue goes, his merchandise includes things like a cushion and a bar mat.

* Not a 50s combo.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Trooper McFad

Finally they announced the 1/12 range- or at least Dredd.
October for delivery and no price mention😖
I'm still waiting on my 1/18 figures or refund ( which ever the vendor gives me first)
My dealings with preorders have put me off putting in further preorders and now they thro on the bigger size but we don't know if it will be the same range
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Lawman of the Present

Not as much a fan of the face sculpture as the 4" Dredd, but I like the wealth of accessories and options to swap expressions.

I've also been burned by preorders. I cancelled all my Zavvi orders, and am having unnecessary difficulty cancelling & refunding a Comic Warehouse order that had been paid up front. My emails keep going ignored so looks like a bank visit for a chargeback.

As much as I genuinely love the range, I've been waiting so long that buyer's regret set in before actually getting the goods. Some are popping up reasonably priced on eBay now, but I think the money will be going towards furniture instead.

moly

Regarding delivery I've ordered nearly all of them directly with hiya no import charges and delivery within 9 days

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

kraken

100 squids including shipping from hiya? No thanks

moly

So if they repeat the smaller line that's probably over two grand including the lawmaster ouch, definitely be picking individual ones rather than all of them

Trooper McFad

Wow

I know the extras are a great edition and I expected a price increase at most double the exquisite mini range but that has pushed it past my price point unless I win the lottery 😳.

Imagine if they did the same amount in the super range as they have in the mini you'll be punting well over a grand!!

However if they produce a Lawmaster for the Super range then that may be a Birthday/Christmas/Birthday/Christmas present from the Family 😂😂😂
Let's see how fast they announce the versions as I'm definitely not gonna pre order a "super" Lawmaster (if produced?)
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

lincnash

Wow don't frequent the forum for a month and the big news drops  :o  HIYA's 1/12 Dredd!
Looking at the preview pics I can't help but feel I already have this version.
The second figure released in MEZCO's One:12 series was Dredd in 2015 and I have him in my collection (with a modern version Lawmaster too) HIYAs teaser pics with giant zipper look very similar.
Great to collect for anyone that missed MEZCOs version(s), many skipped at the time due to price and also holding out for the ThreeA version.
HIYAs pricing puts this Squaxx out of the running (I heavily bitched about MEZCO and ThreeA pricing at the time but still ponyed up the Galactic Groats anyway) with both 3A and MEZCO Dredd with Lawmasters in 1/12 scale in my collection already.
Now if this series continues with many characters from the Dreddverse being released each month, I'll dig deep on the never seen before in 1/12 figures.
Definitely up for a HERSHEY, ANDERSON and especially a factory made MEAN MACHINE >:( , CAL or GIANT not so much.

Dash Decent

Would putting the figure in a 'real' uniform, made of material rather than colouring the plastic, add much to the cost?

I don't think the uniform looks that great and the scale of the zipper is wrong (as it so often is), which is eye-catching in the wrong way.  The 1/18 figure looks much better.

The extra hands and heads are nice, but if getting rid of the uniform reduced the price that might be worth doing.  Not sure about all the spray effects etc but will reserve judgement until I see them in reality or modelled as they're meant to be displayed.

A lot of the model shots seem to hook the badge onto the corner of the shoulder pad, which seems a good solution but not an accurate reflection of how it's meant to look.

Just thinking too, if they're going the real uniform route, that would likewise apply to any other figures they make.  I can see problems with that.  Death is a real beanpole, can they get an outfit thin enough and figure-hugging enough for him.  Ditto Anderson & Hershey.  Will the uniforms be snug or loose (which would look wrong).  Will Hershey & Anderson have zippered fronts?  The only one I can really see this working for is Mean.  It can't be too hard to produce a real fabric singlet that fits.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Dash Decent on 04 May, 2023, 01:55:21 AMWould putting the figure in a 'real' uniform, made of material rather than colouring the plastic, add much to the cost?

I don't think the uniform looks that great and the scale of the zipper is wrong (as it so often is), which is eye-catching in the wrong way.  The 1/18 figure looks much better.

Horses for courses, but I can't stand 'real' clothing on model figures. Things like zips just don't scale down effectively (not to mention creases and folds) and it feels like a line is somehow crossed between 'figure' and 'doll.'

So I actually like that fabric clothes is how Hiya have gone for the 1/12th range, as it justifies my descion to plump for the 1/18th, besides the aforementioned reasons of space!
@jamesfeistdraws