Main Menu

Hiya Toys Judge Dredd range?

Started by dweezil2, 23 July, 2021, 11:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 09 May, 2023, 12:17:46 PMHorses for courses, but I can't stand 'real' clothing on model figures. Things like zips just don't scale down effectively (not to mention creases and folds) and it feels like a line is somehow crossed between 'figure' and 'doll.'

Yes, I am with you there.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Lawman of the Present

I agree with material for 1/12 scale - never scales correctly and the thickness gives rise to all sorts of awkward poses. Mezco's figures tend to look very stiff to me. While 3A's 1/12 Dredd did look very good, the Dark Judges lost their skeletal appearance and seemed too bulky.

In other news - new 1/18 'Gaze into the Fist of Dredd' Dredd and Fear twin pack announced. Looks like both figures might have tweaked colours and Fear has a new head sculpt.

This would be far more palatable to me if Fear were a standalone variant, as the duplication is milking it a bit by now. To collect the entire set, between this, the Dredd vs Death set, Lawmaster sets, B&W and regular figures, collectors will have bought Dredd 5 times now, Anderson twice, Death and Fear three times each etc. And they ain't cheap. Granted the ghostly Death is substantially different, but on the whole I never thought I'd be hoping to read "figure sold separately"  :lol:

While the idea for this set is neat enough, it's a shame that the toys aren't quite capable of recreating the pose, especially with the shoulder armour having to weirdly flip upside down to lift the arm up. If Hiya want to produce variations then that could have been one issue to solve...

Dash Decent

Yes, the right arm just isn't straight enough to be convincing as a punch, and although the hole in Fear's helmet goes all the way to the back, I suspect we won't be able to stand the figures close enough for Dredd's fist to protrude out the back of Fear's head.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

moly

So the dredd vs fear pack is literally just a different head sculpt for £40 yeah that me out

lincnash

Strange choice by HIYA for a limited edition twin-pack but loving their innovative, never before seen releases.
As previously posted, slight tweak of the colour scheme and a new head for FEAR (behind the scenes, it's getting full use of the previously manufactured 1/18 DREDD + FEAR molds, I'd think).
I believe CAL and GIANT both came with additional heads, FEAR came with a trap.
Could have offered this new 'holey' head with the original release, to create a bit of extra buzz at the time.

Anyway keep up the innovative releases HIYA, can't wait to see what else your creative droids will show off.
 :)

Trooper McFad

Another mash up of existing figures. This time Anderson and the Dark Judges 😫.
Do they have excess Anderson figures and Dark Judges heads?

What other Dredd/Anderson/Dark Judges sets will they do? Suggestion welcome.

The only figure I've managed to get my hands on is the Klegg and it's really good. I've been stung by Nerd Toys (pre orders) and looking like I won't be getting a refund 😡 so I'm wary on ordering anything else.
I'll leave it up to fate if I can pick up another one or two
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Lawman of the Present

I think this one would look a lot better if the ethereal trails of the Dark Judges were translucent. I thought it was branches on first look. Though, it does appear Cass has a new headsculpt for this one, with a different expression.

If you're having no luck requesting an order cancellation/refund through reasonable steps before the transaction is fulfilled, consider disputing the transaction via your bank with chargeback. They might be able to help.

Large48

Ok hivemind, so I'm late to the party on this and pissed off that my pre-orders aren't happening....

Managed to cancel my ZAVVI one without it costing me anything so that's something!

In terms of NERD TOYS though it looks like they are going / gone under and Jason has done a bunk with everyone's paid up money!!!!!

He isn't replying to anyone and because so of these paid for pre-orders are a year old it's unlikely the credit card or PayPal will refund, so apart from driving down there and taking a kneecap in exchange at a bit of a loss....

So, any recommendations on how to get these?

Direct or are there any decent UK vendors out there?

Cheers
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

moly

I've found ordering from hiya directly painless orders delivered in 2 weeks with no customs charges I have order two at a time

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Trooper McFad

Thanks for the info I've plunged in for a Hersey & Cal directly from Hiya.
As I've been stung and down in funds I won't be getting everything I wanted at the start but I'm holding on for a Lawmaster set (not pre order though)

moly

Will probably only go for the one lawmaster as both the dredd and Anderson figures look like what have already been release so no need to double dip two lawmasters

Trooper McFad

Quote from: moly on 23 June, 2023, 05:38:59 PMWill probably only go for the one lawmaster as both the dredd and Anderson figures look like what have already been release so no need to double dip two lawmasters

If they spread out the release of both I could be tempted by both as I don't have the Dredd or Anderson figures but would love to have 2 Lawmasters

lincnash

Quote from: Lawman of the Present on 21 June, 2023, 11:05:45 PMI think this one would look a lot better if the ethereal trails of the Dark Judges were translucent. I thought it was branches on first look. Though, it does appear Cass has a new headsculpt....

Most definitely, my first thought was smoke trails because of the bone colour.
HIYA have done figures with translucent detail before or even FIRE who's all translucent.
Like the "Gaze into..." playset  :lol: this one (Dark Judges playset?) looks to pop a new headsculpt in for ANDERSON.
Keep up the good work HIYA.

Barrington Boots

My Mean Angel arrived during the week. I got that from Comic Warehouse, but I'm going to direct to Hiya if I get any more (tempted to get the Dark Judges, or at least Fear and Mortis): I went to them direct for the Klegg and the service couldn't have been better.
You're a dark horse, Boots.