Main Menu

Hiya Toys Judge Dredd range?

Started by dweezil2, 23 July, 2021, 11:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lincnash

Quote from: Dash Decent on 04 July, 2023, 02:03:13 PMI think I got a bit too enthusiastic about it!
Like body counts, Slaine didn't think the picture count too many.  ;)
Personally I really appreciate the amount and detail you provided.
HIYA are doing really well with their quality and amount of output.
The packaging and 'manual art' is ZARJAZ!
Those side-mounted MG's would last about 4 seconds and break if this was a *cough* childs toy and not the high-end adult collectible it's designed to be.  :lol:

GoGilesGo

Quote from: Dash Decent on 04 July, 2023, 01:12:37 AMUnderneath the bike

might be a silly question, but what do the batteries power? Headlights? Headlights and screen? Any noises?

Dash Decent

Quote from: GoGilesGo on 05 July, 2023, 07:13:15 AMAny noises?

Well, yesterday, after I got it out of the box, there were some BRRRRRRRRRRMMM! noises, a mad perp chase down the stairs and a few turbo jumps off the banister but that's all I'm prepared to admit to for now.  And, er, it wasn't me.  No one saw it and you can't prove anything!!!

I haven't pulled the tab out the battery compartment yet. I believe it lights up the headlights and screen, though I don't think the screen has any detail.  I'll report back when I get a chance.

The bike wobbles a little when it rolls.  With a figure in the saddle, it's quite pronounced as of course the head and shoulders sway a lot more than down close at the base.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Trooper McFad

That 1/12 scale Death does look the dogs bollocks - but how many Deaths can a boy take!
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

lincnash

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 05 July, 2023, 07:57:39 PMhow many Deaths can a boy take!

$90 Galactic Groats!!!
ThreeA's DEATH was $60 Groats including shipping seven years ago (Drokk me inflation on collectibles is bad) and I whined hard but purchased anyway.
One DEATH is quite is enough in my collection at these price points.
Still loving the innovative and continuing release schedule from HIYA, bloody fantastic.
Hopefully I'll see something that's a "must have" and be forced to dig deep sometime in the future.
:|

Dash Decent

Quote from: Dash Decent on 04 July, 2023, 02:03:13 PMPresumably now the Lawmaster is out the Dredd figure with bike will quickly follow.

+ + + PREDICTION   CONFIRMED + + +
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

These things always arrive when I'm racing out the door to work, and when the sun is in the wrong spot for photos!

More pics later but: different box art for Dredd (of course) though the backing picture is the same.  No brown standing plate in this one (I'm wondering if it is an oversight).  Also, Dredd's left hand had fallen off (I've stuck it on the handle bar for the photo; I tried reattaching it to the arm but it all felt too loose, like the ball joint is too small or the socket is too large.  The bike is identical to Anderson's Lawmaster.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Dirty windows - five years in the cubes, creep!

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Trooper McFad

They look good together. I noticed they are "in stock" on the Hiya site so now I just have to wait for the next 2 paydays (one a month) and hope you fellow Squaxx don't rush out and snap them all up 😁

skurvy

My Dredd and lawmaster arrived from Hiya today too...

You cannot view this attachment.
You cannot view this attachment.

Trooper McFad

That's an impressive range you have Skurvy

skurvy

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 10 July, 2023, 05:19:14 PMThat's an impressive range you have Skurvy

Thanks. It's ridiculous how much money I'm happy to spend on this stuff really but on the other hand I was like a little kid when the postie handed this to me this morning.

Dash Decent

That's a great line-up, skurvy.

Did your Hiya Dredd/Lawmaster come with a brown baseplate for Dredd to stand on?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll