Main Menu

Hiya Toys Judge Dredd range?

Started by dweezil2, 23 July, 2021, 11:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skurvy

Quote from: Dash Decent on 11 July, 2023, 12:48:40 AMThat's a great line-up, skurvy.

Did your Hiya Dredd/Lawmaster come with a brown baseplate for Dredd to stand on?

No, I don't think so. I'll have another root around in the box later just to check.

Link Prime

Quote from: Dash Decent on 24 August, 2022, 01:46:06 PM

Great looking figure.
Someone's gotta buy two and stick a spare Thor arm on to one of them for the authentic Travels with Muh Shrink display.

GoGilesGo

Blue Cactus

Hadn't realised before that she was wearing eyeshadow in her boing coffin.

karlos

Dash Decent

Judge Anderson - the inaction figure.

But what a great idea, right?  "How else can we market this figure?"  "Let's just have her lying down."  "Brilliant!  We'll follow this up with Dredd in a Bed and Judge Giant goes Sunbathing."
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

It's up on Hiya's website for pre-order: Anderson as Snow White.

The black lips and black eyebrows really stand out.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

GoGilesGo

Quote from: Dash Decent on 15 July, 2023, 10:08:49 AMWe'll follow this up with Dredd in a Bed

recreating this historic moment, perhaps?

Dash Decent

Yes, except the figure will be lying rigidly like he's got rigor mortis.  And in uniform.  Perhaps Dredd in a Sleep Machine?

(Those are the same pyjamas he's wearing in my avatar.)
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Blue Cactus

Quote from: Dash Decent on 15 July, 2023, 10:44:34 AMYes, except the figure will be lying rigidly like he's got rigor mortis.  And in uniform.  Perhaps Dredd in a Sleep Machine?

(Those are the same pyjamas he's wearing in my avatar.)

If you sat him up you could recreate the story 'In the Bath'.

Trooper McFad

I like that Hiya are doing different things however the different things are with the same figures!

I had my fingers crossed for a bigger range of characters but when you look at their other ranges the clues are there, same figures just slightly tweaked!

I can't see them releasing anything "new" anymore but hope to be proved wrong
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Le Fink

Quote from: Blue Cactus on 15 July, 2023, 11:02:51 AMIf you sat him up you could recreate the story 'In the Bath'.
Ha - I loved that story. He was complaining (a bit) about feeling old and tired back then (IIRC) - and that was, what, 30 years ago???

lincnash

The ultimate custom would be to make some cooking gelatin and seal ANDERSON in her Boing® tomb properly.
Bolland's classic art always had air bubbles frozen in time, along with a suspended Cass.

Gotta commend HIYA on the innovation behind the releases.
Dredd vs Spirit Death SDCC set.
Dredd vs Fear "Fist'o'Dredd" set.
Anderson vs Spirit Dark Judges set.
and now Anderson suspended in time set.
Very good, keep 'em coming.
 :D

lincnash

Quote from: Dash Decent on 15 July, 2023, 10:12:48 AMblack eyebrows really stand out

It's the movie Anderson/Olivia Thirlby limited edition.   ;)

Trooper McFad

The next Hiya Dredd is very tempting- a cursed earth Dredd for those of us poor suckers who missed out on the 3A Apocalypse war figure. Out next year so time to save.

I have went with the recommendations from fellow boarders and purchased a couple of times direct from Hiya and it was very straight forward. So if the stocks last I'll use them again on the future.
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!