Main Menu

Doctor Who - Season... Spring 2013

Started by Colin YNWA, 01 March, 2013, 11:07:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesC

Mr T should be a timelord. Get him in Dr Who before it's too late!

Goaty

Colin YNWA

Goaty

Taryn Tailz

Yeah it's a definite improvement in the Cybermen's appearance.

Frank

This is no surprise whatsoever, but it's technically 'news':  TENNANT'S SPECIAL

Hawkmumbler

Just about to watch the new episode. Spoonhead's ahoy!

Link Prime

Wasn't a great opener IMO.
I genuinly almost nodded off twice.

Hawkmumbler

I thought it was a nice little yarn.  :)

Link Prime

Could be that the new girl grates on me a little bit.

Charlie boy

Not the best opener but it definitely wasn't the worst. Don't think anybody was expecting to see [spoiler]Richard E.[/spoiler] again so soon. I'll admit I do "miss" Amy and Rory but there's still a full explanation of Clara to come surely?

moly

I did enjoy this and his new companion was good next weeks looks cracking

Colin YNWA

Well on the contrary that was probably the best opener since Rose, I bloody loved it. I do tend to agree that Clara grates a bit, but mainly cos as yet she doesn't seem to add anything new to the companion's of old, aside from plot points, but I'm happy to give her time. Also Murray Gold is still around.

That aside great satire, great tension, Matt Smith just holding things together the right side of latter David Tennatesque panto, funny, nice nods of the head to the fans (Okay we all got the Mad Monk, but am I stretching things when I say the circles of light inside the new Tardis are tributes to the old Target books logo?).

Unlike many previous episodes of Moffat era I think this one got the balance of self contained episode to ongoing overarching plot just about spot on (over-arching plot has dominated too much for me in the past in many cases). I do wonder though if that was your first Who if all the Clara stuff would have made sense?

So anyway of more importance, we're now over an hour and half since the episode finished on a 2000ad website and I can't believe no one has mentioned Deadlock yet!

Bolt-01

Deadlock rode a bike up a skyscraper back in the day...

A good, fun episode.

Goaty

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 30 March, 2013, 08:41:51 PM
I can't believe no one has mentioned Deadlock yet!

D'oh!

That was good episode as just finished watch catch-up of it.