Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomwe

Nice cover to The Alan Moore Future Shocks
QuoteThere are countless tales out there in the universe of alien races and galactic empires, of villainous despots and unsung heroes. These unsettling SF stories with a twist run the gamut from space opera to comedy, time travel to cautionary fable – but one thing these particular shorts have in common is that they're all from the extraordinary mind of Watchmen and V For Vendetta writer Alan Moore...

IndigoPrime

I'll look forward to receiving that in 2028.

Dark Jimbo

Yes! They went with the good cover.
@jamesfeistdraws

Robes

Hi guys, I still haven't received 43&44.  I can see a few we're waiting, but are others still waiting for these two?  Seems like a long time since I received a parcel.

Tomwe

Looks like someone finally made a new entry on my subs page, date is last Friday. The listings are mostly blank but it looks like a housekeeping with a few 0.00 listings to get the page up to date.

Rara Avis

I haven't received my last four issues (43 & 44 - Shakara?) and the latest ones. I contacted them and they said they'd resend but haven't received the replacements either. What is going on?

Dark Jimbo

Issue 52 revealed as Strontium Dog volume 6. Interestingly, Simon Harrison's name is on the cover - presumably this will be for the No-Go Job. Given that No-Go Job and Final Solution would both fit comfortably in a single Hachette volume, do we think this means volume 7 might include a few annual stories or other extras (much like the imminent ABC Warriors volume 4)...?
@jamesfeistdraws

Southstreeter

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 23 May, 2019, 09:22:25 AM
The Stickleback volume contains:

Mother London
England's Glory
London's Burning
Twas The Night Before Christmas

Exactly 200 pages of strip, by my count.

How much more Stickleback is left after this? I can only recall the follow up when [spoiler]he is resurrected then revealed to be S Holmes at the end[/spoiler] - or did this take place over more than one book?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Southstreeter on 30 May, 2019, 05:23:31 PM
Quote from: abelardsnazz on 23 May, 2019, 09:22:25 AM
The Stickleback volume contains:

Mother London
England's Glory
London's Burning
Twas The Night Before Christmas

Exactly 200 pages of strip, by my count.

How much more Stickleback is left after this? I can only recall the follow up when [spoiler]he is resurrected then revealed to be S Holmes at the end[/spoiler] - or did this take place over more than one book?

Yes, you've conflated two books there. In Number of the Beast [spoiler]he's resurrected five years after his death, and finds that there's a new underclass of intelligent dinosaurs throughout the Empire since Prof Challenger's expedition to the Lost World[/spoiler] and then in The Thru'penny Opera [spoiler]three seemingly altruistic sisters use city planning to turn London into a glyph to summon an unmentionable elder god-type, who manifests inside the entire population at once[/spoiler].
@jamesfeistdraws

Southstreeter

Thanks Jimbo. I'd forgotten most of that. I always found it a bit unsatisfying and hard to follow week by week. Looking forward to reading it collected.

Cannco

Still waiting for 43 and 44 as well, have 45 and 46.

Tomwe

New covers up on Forbidden Planet
#49: Slaine Vol 5

#50: Bad Company

Judge Dredd: Dark Justice (now #51)

Tomwe

For the first time ever, the collection is discounted at Hachette. Admittedly it's only a quid off each, but there you go.

They also seem to have removed a whole load of 'out of stock' product from their site all together - like a bunch of the JDMC.

Jade Falcon

Well I read Stickleback, and can I say that I'm not overly impressed.  It wasn't bad, just not my thing.  Perhaps one for a reread some time and I might change my mind.

Any chance of the collection getting Leviathan?
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 03 June, 2019, 08:42:21 PMAny chance of the collection getting Leviathan?
Not unless it's extended.