Main Menu

Rok the God Kickstarter

Started by dancornwell, 13 August, 2019, 07:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Anyone know why there isn't a digital edition of the first volume? Seems an odd omission from the shop.

Bolt-01

Isn't the first volume available from comichaus on the app?

Bolt-01

Postie brought my copy today! Been looking forward to reading this for an age.

Colin YNWA

Oh wow. Postie not been to ours yet so fingers crossed...

Bad City Blue

Great stuff. The lads done well, but all the fans knew they would.

Bring on volume 3
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

Colin YNWA

All I can say now is it smells lovely!

rogue69

Just got home to find my copy had arrived, so nice surprise and Yes it does have that lovely new book smell to it
can not wait to start reading this

Dandontdare

Mine arrived today, so that was this evening taken care of. It's fantastic!

I already collected my kickstarter reward at thought bubble last year, but it was nice to find a free sticker and cool keyring/LED torch included (courtesy of Laser ToolsTM - now that's what I call a shirt sponsorship!). I almost threw this out with the packaging.

Great story, great art, what can I say? I'm preaching to the choir here. There's a sports reporter I'm sure I've heard of, and loads of familiar names in the 'thank you' list (Karen Berger? wow), including my favourite: "That guy that writes the letters to 2000ad" - well done Tom!

All this, and the collected wisdom of Kevin Keegan too.

Barrington Boots

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 16 September, 2020, 03:16:08 PM
All I can say now is it smells lovely!

It smells GLORIOUS. I read the first part last night and it's terrfic. I have no idea why it hasn't found a wider audience yet, it deserves to.
I backed at a reward level to get some Dan Cornwell Dredd art too - still awaiting that but excited to see what shows up.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Bolt-01

It'll be well worth it. Dan is a fantastic artist and I'm so pleased he's finding more work.

Magnetica

Quote from: Dandontdare on 17 September, 2020, 12:13:08 AM

it was nice to find a free sticker and cool keyring/LED torch included...I almost threw this out with the packaging.

Thanks - I hadn't noticed the sticker. It was embedded inside the book. Nor had I realised the key ring had a torch embedded, but to be fair I hadn't really looked at it.

Trooper McFad

Mine popped through the door today. Sooo looking forward to this as I really liked the 1st volume.

I agree I'm also surprised this has needed a kickstarter to get a 2nd volume.
However I'd support another one (if the end has been open ended)

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Buttonman

Quote from: Dandontdare on 17 September, 2020, 12:13:08 AM
including my favourite: "That guy that writes the letters to 2000ad" - well done Tom!

All this, and the collected wisdom of Kevin Keegan too.

Grrr! <shakes fist>!

Hadn't twigged on the sticker - found in amongst the pages. Nice touch!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 17 September, 2020, 05:27:59 PM
I agree I'm also surprised this has needed a kickstarter to get a 2nd volume.
However I'd support another one (if the end has been open ended)

Not gonna lie — it was a struggle getting this one across the finish line. We could have been a bit savvier about the social media push, but it's mildly depressing that Rok struggled to make £20K when the Tank Girl KS a few years back made north of £175K.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

broodblik

I read the first chapter and this is great fun.  Great story so far and I must say that the art works great with the story. Great lettering as well Jim.

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.