Main Menu

SENSE8 - Netflix original series

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 08 May, 2015, 03:32:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

Coming from the Wachowskis' and it looks promising and rather stylish, with some of the scenes in the trailer. Anyway, all episodes hit Netflix on the 5th of June.

SENSE8 Trailer

By the way, look at the right side of the screen at 1.04 OOPS :-[

Proteus4

That's a great concept
I'll be checking it out
Dave
My opinion is not to be trusted: I think Last Action Hero is AWESOME. And What Women Want.

Keef Monkey

Nice spot CF, love to see fun goof like that. While I was pausing the video to get a better look at that I paused at 1:02 as well and you can see the cable hanging from the actor that's about to pull him along the floor.

Maybe the whole thing is a meta film within a film sort of affair?

COMMANDO FORCES

Goaty

It debut on Netflix now, all 12 episodes, opening scene looks okay.

JudgeOiNK!

Was never a fan of The Matrix movies but with their style coupled with JMS' writing I'm really, really looking forward to this.  Also, Freema Agyeman - rar! (etc.)  Got a friend coming round tonight to watch the first episode, will be making it last with one ep a week or so - as discussed elsewhere on the forum many still prefer that way, I'm definitely one of them!
Blog - http://the-oink-blog.blogspot.co.uk

Twitter - @PhilEdBoyce

Professor Bear

Matrix: no.
JMS: no.
Freema Agyeman: no.
Heroes lite: no.

/will probably watch all of it once Wentworth finishes

JudgeOiNK!

Matrix: No
JMS: Oh yes!
Freema: HELL YES!
Heroes lite: It's not, and as for Heroes: Not a chance in hell.  ;)

Twitter - @PhilEdBoyce

JudgeOiNK!

Oh yes and as for the wire in the trailer that people assumed was a mistake, [spoiler]the character is an action movie star within the story, brilliantly introduced in the first episode (only one I've seen) so I'd say yes we're meant to see the wire as it's a film set.[/spoiler]. See, we should never judge by trailer alone  ;)

Twitter - @PhilEdBoyce

shaolin_monkey

I chained three episodes. That'll do for me.  It's not very good.  It's going to get lost in itself very soon, just like Lost and Heroes did.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Drinking Problem on 05 June, 2015, 05:12:56 PM
Matrix: no.
JMS: no.
Freema Agyeman: no.
Heroes lite: no.

...Yeah, pretty much (although the first Matrix film, as a standalone, is still a favourite).
@jamesfeistdraws

CrazyFoxMachine

Yeah it is bloody awful. Packed it in after episode one - it felt like it was written by an incredibly overconfident 15-year-old.

The pacing was shot to shit, the acting was awful and the dialogue was ... beyond dire.

There are faaaar better things to watch, and I'm wasting no more time with this. If the Wachowski's ever really had it, they lost it a looooooong time ago.

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

I'm still working my way through Daredevil (episode 10 tonight) but am considering giving this a try should I manage to get to the end before the next Marvel series hits Netflix.

Remember being a bit disappointed from the synopsis that there's no British segment, and also the Wachowskis have only ever done one good film. On the other hand, I get bored doing my ironing.

JudgeOiNK!

Quote from: Jimmy Baker's Assistant on 07 June, 2015, 05:11:27 PM
I'm still working my way through Daredevil (episode 10 tonight) but am considering giving this a try should I manage to get to the end before the next Marvel series hits Netflix.

Remember being a bit disappointed from the synopsis that there's no British segment, and also the Wachowskis have only ever done one good film. On the other hand, I get bored doing my ironing.

There is a British perspective, a London character.  I liked it. Really liked it.  It's completely different pacing-wise than anything I've seen before, very original but full of character and I'm looking forward to seeing how it develops. It's intelligently written and subtlely directed for the usually over the top Waxhowskis who I was never a fan of.  Lots of little segments for each character with the individual stories being pieced together (and tied together) likes pieces of a puzzle.  Taking my time though, I've a friend who wants to see it so only watching it when he's here.  One down and the next one or two this Tuesday.

Twitter - @PhilEdBoyce

Theblazeuk

The whole global thing seems to me to be an excuse for the Wachowskis and other producers to travel around the world 4 times over during filming. This is definitely why the 'London' character is Icelandic.

I'm still on the fence two episodes in, could get very wanky very fast though. It's already coming across a bit heavy handed.