Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

Temponaut gets it, although I'm not sure he realises the fact.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Jim_Campbell

Well done, UKIP voters. In addition to voting for a massive tax rise, privatisation of the NHS and end to legal protections on workers' redundancy, holiday, sickness and maternity entitlements, you've put people like this into local government:

You must all be very proud.

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Richmond Clements

And this, they voted for this: http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/may/24/ukip-councillor-investigation-racist-homophobic-facebook-comments

(edit - just noticed this is the same guy Jim posted about!)

Frank

I'd be more worried about whoever voted for Michael Gove, who has just announced the opening of Boko Haram's UK chapter, part of exciting new plans to take us all back to the 19th century:

BAN THIS FOREIGN MUCK

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: sauchie on 25 May, 2014, 01:11:26 PM
I'd be more worried about whoever voted for Michael Gove,

I have enough outrage for both.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Modern Panther

Now, now...Just because ukip disproportionally have horrible, idiotic  bigots as their chosen representatives doesn't mean that they're all fearful, smallminded bigot.  Im sure some of them will be wonderful councill...

Nah, i can't do it. This is how the Nazis came to power.

NapalmKev

UKIP can F-off, as far as I'm concerned!

I'm at a loss as to how they even get air time on the telly. The Green party do better in the elections, and yet, all we see on the Idiot Box is Farage. Shenanigans I say!

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Hawkmumbler

We need UKIP and the BNP to set an example on how NOT to get people yo vote for you. As it is it would appear the BNP might actually be ousted from parliament, 1 seat? Pointless!

The Legendary Shark

They're all over the telly because the elites who run the media/country/world want you scared. They want you scared so you'll appeal to the "regular" parties to save you. They want you to appeal to the "regular" parties to save you to reinforce your conditioning that you have no power to save yourselves. They want you to think that you have no power to distract you from the fact that the only political power in this country belongs to you. They want to distract you from the reality of your own power to keep you ignorant. They want you ignorant because ignorant people are easy to rule. They want you easy to rule so they can rule you. They want to rule you because they believe it's their birthright to rule you. They believe it's their birthright to rule you because you're so easily scared.
It's not rocket surgery.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

GordonR

Quote from: NapalmKev on 25 May, 2014, 02:54:34 PM

I'm at a loss as to how they even get air time on the telly. The Green party do better in the elections, and yet, all we see on the Idiot Box is Farage. Shenanigans I say!

As of this week, the Greens have 162 council seats in England & Wales, while UKIP now have 384. At the time of writing, still before the results of Thursday's Euro vote is known, The Greens have 2 Euro MPs, while UKIP have 13.

Clearly, we can put to bed the myth that the Green Party do better in elections.

They do have 1 Westminster MP, while UKIP have none, but UKIP secured 3.1% of the vote at the 2010 general election, while the Greens got 1%.

Professor Bear

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 25 May, 2014, 03:35:27 PMThey're all over the telly because the elites who run the media/country/world want you scared. They want you scared so you'll appeal to the "regular" parties to save you.

I recommend Howard Bloom's Lucifer Principle, Sharky, as you're on the same track as he was, though he explains at length how it wasn't planned ahead of time to create a media that keeps you afraid, voting for traditional political figures and systems, and - most crucially - consuming (people become more active consumers when afraid), it just worked out that way because thinking and reasoning as a group is much harder and less rewarding for us biologically than acting upon the impulses of the reptile brain to form a lynchmob.

Quote from: sauchie on 25 May, 2014, 01:11:26 PMI'd be more worried about whoever voted for Michael Gove, who has just announced the opening of Boko Haram's UK chapter, part of exciting new plans to take us all back to the 19th century:

BAN THIS FOREIGN MUCK

The subject's not called "words of the world", it's called ENGLISH.

THAT USED TO MEEN SOMETHING1

NapalmKev

Quote from: GordonR on 25 May, 2014, 03:45:00 PM
Quote from: NapalmKev on 25 May, 2014, 02:54:34 PM

As of this week, the Greens have 162 council seats in England & Wales, while UKIP now have 384. At the time of writing, still before the results of Thursday's Euro vote is known, The Greens have 2 Euro MPs, while UKIP have 13.

Clearly, we can put to bed the myth that the Green Party do better in elections.

They do have 1 Westminster MP, while UKIP have none, but UKIP secured 3.1% of the vote at the 2010 general election, while the Greens got 1%.

Fair enough, But I still think Farage gets too much Airtime.

Given that we now have tv channels dedicated to Politics I see no reason why any Political Party couldn't be given some kind of televisual representation.

On a wider note that would also give a louder 'voice' to C***s like the BNP, but then that would bring us to the wider issue of what could be regarded as 'free-speech'.

I'm waffling to be honest; maybe I should be a Politician.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Modern Panther

QuoteThey're all over the telly because the elites who run the media/country/world want you scared.

Or, they're all over the telly because the telly company wants you to watch, and pointing a camera at an "eccentric" who might explode and kill a gay foreigner at any time is more likely to get viewers than pointing a camera at a member of the Green party, who just want us all to get along.

Probably more likely than a vast, shadowy conspiracy involving all of the nations politicians and media.

Of course, I would say that, 'cos I'm secretly a lizardperson.

Eric Plumrose

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 25 May, 2014, 01:05:07 PM
Well done, UKIP voters . . .

Wait. What? While I could maybe believe it of Reg himself, Clare Balding's a carefree prostitute full of mirth who has sex with other men?

But the horses adore her!
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.