Main Menu

The Village

Started by JTurner, 22 August, 2004, 07:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JTurner

I really would reccomend this. For anyone who was dissapointed with Signs, this is a real return to form. It's genuinely creepy in places, and the twist is actually worth the wait, though I'm proud to say I got it after 20 minutes. I'll say no more to avoid spoilers.

Bico

Actually, the twist was given away on one of the messageboard threads about two weeks ago.
My brother went to see this and said it was okay.  Dunno if I'll bother, though.

Keef Monkey

Really enjoyed it, guessed a few of the twists but not the biggy. Preferred Signs to be honest, and I've come to terms with the fact that no-one in the world agrees with me when it comes to that film.

Link: PAIGE

Something Fishy

I got the twist withihn 30 seconds.. i made an assumption that ruined it.

spoiler

. I though they were amish anyway.

Mikey

I really thought it was pish-I've really liked his films thus far but this just did not cut the mustard.It felt *more* earnest and twee than Signs(which I thought was great).

It maybe didn't help I'd pretty much figured out what was going on before I seen it.

But I saw the Hellboy trailer!So the trip to the cinema wasn't wasted...

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

JTurner

But didn't anyone think that the creatures were really creepy? A combination of excellent photography and design, I thought.

Mikey

To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

JTurner

Suit yourself (miseryguts).

Devons Daddy

i enjoyed it lots
but to note. we here are future shock /time twister understanding enabled.

my wife who is not a squaxx was really shocked.and felt it was a superb movie with a huge shock at the end.
worth thinking about that fact.

2000ad readers are more intelligent then anyone else.
and every single script writer whom cut his teeth on a future shock could be worth multi millions now.if only eh boys.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Eric Plumrose

Once again, M. Night Shyamalan fucks up what might have been an interesting, if unoriginal, twist ending. The only reason I actually gave a shit until then was due mainly to a decent cast. With the exception being, of course, yet another tortuous cameo by the pretentious wanker himself.

Thank fuck for Kerrang! that I didn't have to pay to see this shite.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Dudley

Didn't enjoy it much.  All three twists were predictable, Joaquin Phoenix was rubbish, William Hurt was miscast, and I disagree fundamentally with the whole debate he's trying to set up between "good" and "innocent".  I mean,

N
I
C
E

B
I
G

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

did anyone else think the idea that in this social experiment everyone turns out sweet and innocent except for ONE GUY who's mentally disabled had more than a sniff of a mixture of eugenics and Noble Savage crap about it?  V rightwing & v dodgy, if you ask me.  Which, admittedly, you didn't.