Main Menu

MASSIMO BELARDINELLI......LATEST NEWS

Started by robbycox, 25 June, 2006, 04:30:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robbycox

Hi All,
Just a quick post to update on Massimo. I wrote to Massimo a few months ago to generally wish him well and enquire about his health and wotnot. I also asked that if he was up to it i'd love to pay him to do a commission on my behalf.
I didn't hear back for a couple of months,and to be honest i feared the very worst (see previously Massimo posts for details) then all of a sudden a parcel turned up!
As you can see from the picture below, i was absolutely blown away.
The picture measures 14 inches by 20 inches and is painted in water colours. The detail is amazing.
Massimo also included a very personal letter part of which says that these days he is relying heavilly on medication to keep going.
Best,
Rob.
http://www.2000ad.org/artwork/meltdown06.jpg">

McNulty

That's one brilliant painting! I loved Meltdown Man when it first came out! And I see that Massimo is still keeping with his habit of including himself in his pictures! It's terrible to hear of his failing health, but it's heartening to see that his talent is still with us.

Dark Jimbo

Wow. Words fail me, they really do. This is a master at work. I have to admit I felt a little choked up to hear how bad he is, but it's great to know he's still hanging on in there. Thanks for the update Robby. I think I'll be digging out my EE's this afternoon and re-reading Meltdown Man - they sure don't make 'em like that anymore.
@jamesfeistdraws

Wils

How fantastic is that?! It's really sad to hear about his deteriating health, though.

Although mentioned before, I wonder if he'd be up to doing a non or loose-deadlined piece for the prog. A star scan or even better something like the old Supercovers would be unbelievably great. I know you could get in touch with Massimo to enquire, Robby, but is their anyone that could ask Matt if he'd be up for it?

+rufus+

Massimo HAS to be in 2000ad.
  Great Piece Rob, Congratulations!
;-) Rufus

Woolly

Speechless.
Thats absolutely amazing :o

I'll try and post something with a bit more to it when i manage to pick my jaw up...

dweezil2

That's a beautiful peace of work! So sad to hear of one of 2000ad's classic artists declining health. My best wishes go out to him.
Peace,
    Dweezil.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

DavidXBrunt

robbycox

Wils wrote....

"but is their anyone that could ask Matt if he'd be up for it?"

I emailed the painting to the Nerve Centre (input "at" 2000adonline.com) offering it for that very purpose Wils. But that was only 24 hours ago so i'm guessing i'll hopefully get a reply one way or another over the next week or so with any luck.
Rob.

Woolly

Richmond Clements

Jim_Campbell

"Although mentioned before, I wonder if he'd be up to doing a non or loose-deadlined piece for the prog. A star scan or even better something like the old Supercovers would be unbelievably great."

I would like to second (or third, or whatever) that suggestion ...

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Steve Green

That's lovely.

I don't remember Bellardinelli doing much fully painted work for the prog, (A couple of Ace Trucking  annual stories)

I would love to see a new cover by him, health permitting.

- Steve

Adrian Bamforth

I'll have some of what he's on.

ADE

Robin Low

rob

Many thanks for sharing that with us, and the other picture you posted a while back.

Next time you contact Massimo, please let him know that there are so many of us still thinking about both him and his work with great and genuine affection.

Thanks again

Regards

Robin