Main Menu

Does my Art look big in this?

Started by staticgirl, 10 February, 2010, 02:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JTurner

Ah - just seen you mention 'sculpey' and had to look it up. Does it compare well with clay in terms of the actual sculpting?

Noisybast

I've not done a whole lot of "proper" clay sculpting to make the comparison, but I did find it very easy to work with. Nearest thing I can compare it to is Plasticene.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Daveycandlish

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Steven Austin

Wow some fantastic work here - that Enterprise piece is crazy!!

michael kennedy

posts from the last few days have been great here!

@mkennedyIA
www.mdkennedyia.wordpress.com

Steven Austin

This is a character I designed some time ago - I had big plans for the big ape but time hasn't so far allowed me to fulfill em!!

He's called, the Colonal.

Zarjazzer

What a great character Steven Austin.What was his story?
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

antodonnell

Nice Gorilla, I had produced a blue cyborg gorilla many moons ago. Best fun ever.

For now I deliver a 90 min sketch of Savage Dragon. It's been a while I feel rusty. First use of Manga Studio to ink, more practice needed.

Steven Austin

Thanks Zarjazzer - the story was kind of tongue in cheek and went like this:

Koko a female Gorilla born in San Francisco Zoo in 1974 was according to her trainer Francine Patterson able to sign and understand speech. This incredible story was made very public and hit headlines the world over.
What the public do not know is that the attention given to Koko and her owner was a ploy by a secret government department intended to draw attention away from another operation, one far more sinister, involving state of the art bio engineering and the training of a male Gorilla in urban warfare - the operation was code named - 'Operation Colonel'.

Steven Austin

Very cool Anton - not tried Manga Studio yet, keep threatening to though, how do you find it?

Steven Austin

Can't go wrong with apes Ant - I went through a period a couple of years ago where I drew nothing but - including the Colonal.

Sorry to say, there was also.. 'Space Chimp'  :-[

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Steven Austin on 18 December, 2012, 10:57:54 PM
Can't go wrong with apes Ant - I went through a period a couple of years ago where I drew nothing but - including the Colonal.

Sorry to say, there was also.. 'Space Chimp'  :-[

Given your love for all things 'ape' and 'space', it would be a crime if you didn't know about Captain Simian and the Space Monkeys...?

They only ever made something like 25 episodes, but it was a little gem of a series - genuinely hilarious, and full of painfully well-observed piss takes of sci fi tropes. Gotta love anything with a split-personality orangutan engineer!
@jamesfeistdraws

kylestrahm

I did this for the blog of a friend:

Colin YNWA

Since we're on the theme here's one I did years ago as the cover to a comic (a rubbish one) I self published a few years ago.

And before anyone says yes its a swipe tribute to Alex Ross and that fact was acknowledged on the inside cover blurb. Honest librarian me, do me referencing proper like.

antodonnell

Nice, I'll need to dig out my old cyber-gorilla game model. Gorilla's seem popular.

Steve: I've enjoyed my first experience of Manga Studio. I feel the brushes could do with more variety in their stroke so each line is not too similar. I'll read up on tutorials and the threads here to understand the software better and how it works. The previous sketch was me blazing in and just picking it up with no knowledge of MS.