Main Menu

THE PIRATES IN AN ADVENTURE WITH SCIENTISTS

Started by Tiplodocus, 24 August, 2011, 12:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

I read a couple of these Pirates books (by Gideon Defoe?) four or five years ago and really enjoyed them.

So imagine my dismay/delight* when I saw a poster for a movie of them at our local Odeon.

How dare they take these much loved family favourites, rape my childhood and turn them into synthetic Hollywood blockbuster crap.
Or
How brilliant that these are being done by Aardman animations - I can't think of a better fit between source material and a company that might do it justice.*

*Pick one of the above two opinons depending on your attitude. Remember, you don't need to have any facts or seen any footage or pictures to back you up.

Oh and I wonder if Jennifer Garner will be played by a plasticene Jennifer Garner?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

JOE SOAP

Goaty

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 24 August, 2011, 12:25:39 PM
I read a couple of these Pirates books (by Gideon Defoe?) four or five years ago and really enjoyed them.

So imagine my dismay/delight* when I saw a poster for a movie of them at our local Odeon.

How dare they take these much loved family favourites, rape my childhood and turn them into synthetic Hollywood blockbuster crap.
Or
How brilliant that these are being done by Aardman animations - I can't think of a better fit between source material and a company that might do it justice.*

*Pick one of the above two opinons depending on your attitude. Remember, you don't need to have any facts or seen any footage or pictures to back you up.

Oh and I wonder if Jennifer Garner will be played by a plasticene Jennifer Garner?

Oh stop moan, trailers looks brilliant funny!

here in this topic, http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,33802.0.html

Tiplodocus

Oh I hadn't seen that thread. Your Goat like skills are always on the ball when it comes to trailers and posters.  I guess it's undergone a name change.

And, er, I wasn't really moaning about the film. It's a delightful prospect.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Goaty

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 24 August, 2011, 12:41:09 PM
Oh I hadn't seen that thread. Your Goat like skills are always on the ball when it comes to trailers and posters.  I guess it's undergone a name change.

And, er, I wasn't really moaning about the film. It's a delightful prospect.

Oop! my mistake, as I thought you were says dismay, not delight! so that one of option! lol... yeah strangest they let it out in two different names....?

TordelBack

Those trailers look absolutely bloody brilliant.  Put a smile on my face straight away, especially the Pirate Captain song.