Main Menu

Friday chat - what's happening with you?

Started by Bolt-01, 30 August, 2019, 08:44:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Jeff Bridges has never shat copiously on screen, although he did make RIPD

The Legendary Shark

So sorry to hear about your dog, Funt, that's never an easy thing.

Sunday morning's back to work for me. Wasted my weekend in front of the laptop, fiddling with a Brigand Doom short story. Somebody gave me one of those modern touch-screen phones (my first), so I wasted a lot of time with that, too - mainly watching little animated circles going round.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Really sorry to hear about your dog, Funt.  Never easy.

I meant to do a bit of panelling yesterday in my tiny houseboat kitchen, but lost the run of myself and turned it into something you'd see in a hobbit-hole with wooden walls, rickety shelves and lanterns (well, one of each, anyway).  I'm quite chuffed with myself, I must admit, not being handy at all but somehow pulling this out of the Bag (End).

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Rara Avis

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am clearly obsessed with Jeff Bridges.

Quote from: Frank on 31 August, 2019, 08:26:03 PM

Jeff Bridges has never shat copiously on screen, although he did make RIPD

The Enigmatic Dr X

I've been lost in an alcholic fugue since Friday: do on Friday (5pm-11.30pm), do on Saturday (2pm-8pm, then a bottle of wine); football this afternoon (11.30-5ish).

NOT a normal weekend.

I could do this week in week out... twenty years ago.  Now, I just want a cup of team and a mint club.
Lock up your spoons!

JayzusB.Christ

I really need a stiff drink right now, and indeed am having one.  See, while working in my abovementioned kitchen, a can of puncture repair foam started leaking. I threw it in the sink to contain the mess, but the cooker was on and I was suddenly in the midst of a massive fireball.

Managed to throw the fireblanket on it (moved to above the sink just yesterday) and apart from some frazzled hair and eyebrows there is miraculously no damage done.  Christ, I'm lucky to be alive, let alone still have a boat to live in.

Remedial wine is being drunk.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

shaolin_monkey

Holy Grud! Sounds like close call. Just reading that made me feel like a whisky, but I settled on a mug of miso.

von Boom

Bloody hell JBC. I've had far too much wine this weekend, but that story makes me want to open another bottle.

JayzusB.Christ

What's more, after years of thinking it a bit daft that Dredd, Johnny and Rogue always shouted the name of the piece of equipment they were about to use, I found myself shouting 'DROKK! FIRE BLANKET!'

Except I said fuck instead of drokk.

Hawkmumbler

Fire wagon to Jaysuz Tavern!

Sounds like quite the fracas J, a stiff drink was well deserved after singed eyebrows!

IAMTHESYSTEM

If that had happened to me JBC, I'd be on the Whisky for sure. Stay safe, and I admire your good reactions under pressure.[Er, no pun intended] I'd have blubbed and phoned the Fire Brigade.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

The Legendary Shark

Yikes! Glad you came through it so bravely, JBC!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Jayzus, Jayzus!  And I though I had an unexpectedly exciting-slash-disturbing weekend because I got to take my daughter to a Lego exhibition, and then later almost tripped over a couple bonking on the beach in broad daylight (sans daughter, thank feck). 

Your misadventures remind me unpleasantly of the (excellent) William Golding novel Fire Down Below, which is not a good thing, and of the still-fresh horror of trying to ensure everyone had got out of a burning apartment block across the road many years ago, which is worse.

Drink deeply, and take care.

Bolt-01

Sweet Grud, that sounds terrifying! Glad you are okay JBC and Funt, sorry to read of the loss of your dog.

Fingers crossed some folks will have a more stable weekend next time!

JamesC

Quote from: TordelBack on 02 September, 2019, 09:01:26 AM
Jayzus, Jayzus!  And I though I had an unexpectedly exciting-slash-disturbing weekend because I got to take my daughter to a Lego exhibition, and then later almost tripped over a couple bonking on the beach in broad daylight (sans daughter, thank feck). 

Your misadventures remind me unpleasantly of the (excellent) William Golding novel Fire Down Below, which is not a good thing, and of the still-fresh horror of trying to ensure everyone had got out of a burning apartment block across the road many years ago, which is worse.

Drink deeply, and take care.

I'd like to hear more about the bonking couple.