Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Prog 2217 In a Crime-Ridden City... ...He is the Law!  (Read 3139 times)

Jim_Campbell

• 2000AD Creator
  • CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • Letterer to the Stars! (and PJ)
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt Gallery
Re: Prog 2217 In a Crime-Ridden City... ...He is the Law!
« Reply #45 on: 09 February, 2021, 09:56:43 AM »
Cybernetic replacement with mean-machine style dial

"On one, nothin' happenin' down there. Two, I'm a bit frisky, three, I'm positively horny… on four, I'm downright rampant."
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

norton canes

• Prog Stacking Droid
  • The leper heart will see you for what you are
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 09 February, 2021, 12:18:37 PM »
Fantastic.

TordelBack

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • Thunder Chops is dragged off, gnashing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 09 February, 2021, 12:36:36 PM »
Cybernetic replacement with mean-machine style dial

"On one, nothin' happenin' down there. Two, I'm a bit frisky, three, I'm positively horny… on four, I'm downright rampant."

Coincidentally I overheard my wife complaining that she was "stuck with a four-and-a-half", which I can now take as a compliment.

norton canes

• Prog Stacking Droid
  • The leper heart will see you for what you are
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 09 February, 2021, 02:33:35 PM »
I've just noticed that on Dan Cornwell's cover, Dredd is sporting an older-style or 'Ezquerra variant' Lawgiver, but in the story it's a regular mk.II. Wonder why that was?

Barrington Boots

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 09 February, 2021, 03:30:59 PM »
I've just noticed that on Dan Cornwell's cover, Dredd is sporting an older-style or 'Ezquerra variant' Lawgiver, but in the story it's a regular mk.II. Wonder why that was?

From what Dan said on on the cover, he drew it and then sent it to Tharg so see if he wanted it rather than it was comissioned for this story. I guess he just thought it looked cooler* than the MKII

* it does
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Mikey

• Battle Hardened War Robot
  • Science fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 10 March, 2021, 12:47:47 PM »
I had to parse that picture of Dredd's groin for ages before I figured out it was a drone carrying a Hottie passing in front of his knob and not an actual attachment. Cute story though.

Same here - but maybe the 'secret's safe' comment suggests it is an attachment!

Have to say this prog finally hit the full mark for me after a longish run of (for me) hit and miss filled issues.

The Dredd was indeed awesome and like others have said it was nice to see a Megger focused story for a change.

I'll not go over everything as this is a necro post, but something that struck me was the absence of the fada in the lettering of Sláine - have I a false memory of it usually being present before this series? Yes, I know Pat says it's pronounced slain but it just looks odd on the page without the accent.

And regarding Hershey - yes, I was a bit disappointed she wasn't actually dead (likewise Frank) as that scene brought a lump to my throat, but am enjoying the story and the limited but deliberate use of colour. However, I feel it might have worked just as well with another character, even a hitherto unknown, apart from Hershey really.

Still really great to see her as a character developed beyond the Chief Judge office mind.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.