Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2022

Started by Dash Decent, 20 July, 2021, 01:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogue69

I remember talking to Clint Langley about Joe Pineapples at LFCC Winter and he said it was close to being finished but Pat still had to tweak the story abit to work better with his artwork so it should be ready on time later this year

broodblik

Quote from: broodblik on 30 March, 2022, 10:03:08 AM
After reading Mills twitter related to the Joe Pineapple series I do not think it will be ready this year:

On subject of late-running series, I should mention Joe Pineapples. Simon first talked to me about his idea in September 2014. I wrote first treatment in December 2014. Currently, Simon has completed his two colour episodes. Clint continues. I know he's completed some, but ..

More from Pat's twitter:

Update on this. 2000AD tell me that Clint still has to complete some episodes, so it may be end of this year. My guess is maybe sometime next year. Gutted. Again!
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

GordonR

Quote from: nxylas on 30 March, 2022, 09:18:34 PM
Quote from: GordonR on 30 March, 2022, 11:22:01 AM
Last I'd heard, Pat himself hadn't finished writing the scripts.

Did he mention that on his Twitter?
Don't think so, though I haven't checked. I was under the impression that the scripts were written years ago.

They certainly weren't finished at the point when it had become obvious that Bisley had just given up all interest in it.

Whole thing has the air of an ongoing clusterfuck about it.

broodblik

So this is gonna be a race between Joe Pineapple and Spacewarp Version 2.0.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

nxylas

Quote from: GordonR on 31 March, 2022, 11:41:17 AM
They certainly weren't finished at the point when it had become obvious that Bisley had just given up all interest in it.
That doesn't necessarily contradict my "years ago".

I know that some writers, like Mills and John Wagner, like to edit against the art; that is, take one more pass at the script once the art is complete to make sure the words match the pictures. If that's where we're at, then it sounds like Clint has finished.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

robprosser

Quote from: Magnetica on 30 March, 2022, 02:57:10 PM
When is Spacewarp issue 2 coming out?
I'd bet a crisp £10 note that Spacewarp issue 2 never comes out.

The Monarch

i mean if i were a sarcy asshole i would say uncle pat is trying to figure out how to make a nft out of his work and thats why its taking too long.

eh but i would totally never do that....nope no sir not bitter at all that one of my writing heroes is a nft supporter....nope no sir

nxylas

Quote from: The Monarch on 31 March, 2022, 06:30:01 PM
i mean if i were a sarcy asshole i would say uncle pat is trying to figure out how to make a nft out of his work and thats why its taking too long.

eh but i would totally never do that....nope no sir not bitter at all that one of my writing heroes is a nft supporter....nope no sir
Sad, but not surprising. It has always been hard to separate out the righteous anger and fearlessness that powered his best work from the sometimes dubious company he keeps.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

broodblik

Battle Action Webstore Exclusive Edition:

Art

Very much enjoying the general cover theme of "things that would get you discussed in Parliament in 1976".

Barrington Boots

That cover is hilariously awesome, especially the car / wheelchair at the bottom.
I'm not sure I can justify paying £10 for it though, with both editions being hardback..
You're a dark horse, Boots.

13school

I wonder if there might be be a signature or two inside the Webstore Exclusive edition - I was pleasantly surprised to find my webstore edition of Blaze of Glory arrived with Al Ewing's signature inside.

broodblik

Coming too the prog in July:

Incredible SF action from the Eisner-nominated UK anthology! A new Judge Dredd story starts as relations break down between Mega-City One and Brit-Cit, leading to armed confrontation in "Special Relationship"; Atalia Jaegir heads into the jungle in new arc "Ferox"; Maz gets closer to the madness in Brink: "Mercury Retrograde"; Dexter flees across Europe in the latest chapter of Bulletopia; and Nolan Blake is surrounded by crazies in Skip Tracer: "Valhalla"!

broodblik

Coming too the meg in July:

More action and adventure in the future-shocked world of Judge Dredd! It's the Red Queen's last stand in "Regicide"; organized crime and politics mix in Lawless: "Ballots Over Badrock"; Goya tries to get her revenge in the final episode of Death Cap; there's a complete Tale From the Black Museum as greedy burglars get their just desserts in "Little Weed"; and Psi-Division is about to get a new head in "Dissolution." Plus there's the usual interviews, features, and in the bagged graphic novel the killer shark Hook-Jaw is reinvented by Alec Worley and Leigh Gallagher!

Colin YNWA

Whose done that cover? I can't shake the feeling it looks a bit Frank Quitely... but I'm not convinced it is?