Main Menu

Oldham Comic Con 3

Started by Bhuna, 30 April, 2019, 01:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bhuna

Well sunny Oldham is having it's third comic con on 11th May. And again its FREE!!
If you went last year, please note the venue has changed from the library to the Queen Elizabeth Hall

Guests include professionals and a nice sprinkle of small press artists and a few forum members that you may know:
Kevin Enhart
James Peaty
Kev Hopgood
Steve Yeowell
Michael Carroll

Phil Winslade
Nick Brokenshire

Martin Griffiths
Keith Williams
Amy Chu
Richard Piers Rayner
Steve Austin
Dave Taylor
Al Ewing
David Millgate

Ellen Stubbings
Mike Collins
John Davis-Hunt

Simon Myers
Ian Richardson
Aneke
Laura Howell
Lew Stringer
Lee Townsend
John Royle
Neil Edwards

Paul McCaffrey
Alan Cowsill
Joe Matthews
Dave Kendell
Tim Perkins
Nigel Doddyn
Alan Byrom
Tom Ward
Markosia
Aly Fell
Neil Bhuna Roche
Sarah Elliot
Frisson Comics
Matt Soffe
Jenika
Art Ninetwo Studio
Dan Whitehead
Chris Sides
Carolyn Edwards
C L Raven
Austin Chambers
Reckless Hero
Chris Imber
Umar Ditta
Jon Laight
Dan Charnley
Neil McClements
Baden James Mellonie
Chris Askham
Paul PJ Johnson

Jay Martin
Owen Edmonds
Asa Wheatley
Sammy Ward
Foxhat
Mewa-chu
Nigel Twumasi

More info here: https://www.facebook.com/events/325271371350982/
twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

Dandontdare

I went last year and can recommend this - It's a terrific line-up and a great event for the casual crowd - rather than paying for a ticket and spending all day, you get loads of families and curious fans just popping in for an hour. Last year's Dredd panel featuring Mssrs Wagner & Ezquerra and others was a real treat.

Best of all it's just a short tram ride away for me!

Bolt-01

And Me! I'll be there with the usual haul of top quality small press goodies!

Dr Feeley Good

Really enjoyed it last year and looking forward to this...  :D

Bolt-01

Hey there Squaxx. Just a reminder to all you chaps in the north of England to make your way over to Oldham tomorrow for a chance to pick up copies of FutureQuake, Something Wicked, the Neroy Sphinx collection Dogbreath and Zarjaz from me.

I'll be doodling all day long too, and if you buy a comic, you can get a pic both free and gratis!

You know it makes sense!

Dr Feeley Good

Really looking forward to this, got a few pieces of artwork to pick up while I'm there...
:D

Bolt-01

and what a fun day that was. A really well run event, with huge footfall.

Highlight personally was sitting and chatting with Mike Carroll, Paul Mccaffery, Al Ewing, Ian Richardson and everyone else at the after party.

Bhuna was in fine form, as was Dan Cornwell, Steven Austin and a certain boarder turned droid MyGrimmBrother who it was a real treat to bump into.

Already looking forward to next year!

Dandontdare

What a great event for a freebie - It seemed really busy, but unfortunately I've got a terrible bad back at the moment  making standing painful, so I didn't stay long. Thanks to Bolt-01 for letting me borrow his chair while we had a chat!

It was nice to catch up with Mike Carroll and his lovely missus again, and have a brief chat with Al Ewing, and I saw several judges wandering around, not to mention loads of youngsters in their favourite superhero outfits.

mygrimmbrother

An absolutely smashing day, really enjoyed it. And lovely to see you too Mr Evans! Sorry we didn't get to chat longer :)

Dr Feeley Good

Was a cracking con,great to speak to so many people there,and i got quite a haul......