Main Menu

Who would like a Tower King collection from the Eagle?

Started by maryanddavid, 26 February, 2014, 07:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maryanddavid

Your right Colin, if this goes well, which it is at the min, there will be more. Richard Pearce is responsible for the whole design of the book, and he is doing a fantastic job. Cheers for the tip on the Comic Journal, Ill get in touch.

Bat King

I wasn't well Sunday or a review would be on my blog, did I mention my blog recently? Not enough time on a weekday to do it justice so a review will be up on Friday (yes I know that is a weekday technically but not a 'school night'.

Obviously no one here NEEDS a review to want this product. All wise folk.

I feel for SmallBlueThing here.

Rest assured I'll be pimping this to the unnitiated. They need to know all about it.

PS: House of Daemon... I like SBT's thinking.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Bat King on 27 February, 2014, 02:31:10 PM

I believe I may have said the same thing on a different thread quite recently...!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Hawkmumbler

Daveycandlish

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Professor Bear

Post-apocalyptic London.  Things get crazy.

Now go buy a copy.

Hawkmumbler

The Amstor Computer

Hope everyone enjoys this one - it was a change of pace for me from the design work on One-Eyed Jack... and Beyond 2000AD, and a pleasure to help out on. The story is great fun, and Ortiz is firing on all cylinders. Definitely a highlight of the early years of the New Eagle!

Leigh Gallagher's intro is great too - and it's probably the only place you'll see Max from The Thirteenth Floor and Jet from Gladiators mentioned on the same page  :D

Bat King

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 27 February, 2014, 02:49:18 PM
Quote from: Bat King on 27 February, 2014, 02:31:10 PM

I believe I may have said the same thing on a different thread quite recently...!

Cheers

Jim

Well there we go then!
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

robert_ellis

Ordered! It's criminal that these Eagle stories have never been reprinted. House of daemon would be great or monster next please!

Dash Decent

Ordered!

It only charged me 50p postage to Australia, so I've dropped David a line.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

maryanddavid

Ta Dash, I spotted you mail.

This is selling like hot cakes at the min, thanks for all the support, lots saying they love the cover Richard!
I anyone has any inkling on getting it, get it now, I probably wont reprint, I'd rather do something else that hasn't seen the light of day for a while. Having said, if there is enough demand....

If this continues selling as well as it is, another collection shouldn't be far off.

Fantasy time, if I could get hold of Egmont/Dan Dare corp material what would everyone like to see. House of Daemon has been mentioned, and I LOVE that story, but there is tonnes more out there.

James Stacey

Assuming the Wagner Dare stuff is a pipe dream, house of dæmon gets my vote. Not Sgt Streetwise or Joe Soap though. Those guys sucked.

Colin YNWA

Personally having had my appetite well and truly whetted by the previous volume I'd love, love love for there to be more Doomlord available.

Professor Bear

OH! OH! Survival, please!
Teens murdering each other seems a popular sub-genre in YA fiction, what with Battle Royale, that Marvel comic I thought was hilarious at the time but now can't remember the name of, Running Man, the Long Walk, Maze Runner, the Girl in the Arena, Lord of the Flies, and of course there's those Hunger Games films to help you cash in on PR.  All that plus it is post-apocalyptic and - rare enough for an Eagle strip - it has an ending that the makers of Knowing thought was perfectly acceptable for mainstream consumption and not remotely bullshit.  It is possibly my favoritest bit of pre-teen nightmare fuel ever.

Or Star Rider, which I have described in review elsewhere thusly:
Quoteit's about this alien who comes to Earth to ride BMX bikes, even though he's like an alien octopus so he has to take human form before he can even use a bike without his tentacles getting caught in the wheels.  I'm not really into sports, but this is like X-Games and stuff, only before there was X-games so it's more like BMX Bandits but with ALF in it, if ALF looked like Cthulu sometimes.

Although I must admit, I am actually underselling how daft it is.