Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Rough luck, Johnnystress and Noisybast.  This crapola can't go on forever, survive a few more years and we'll see things on the up again.

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Terrible news, Johnny and Noisy. Lets hope something turns up soon, now.

COMMANDO FORCES

Shit news indeed. I was listening to people talk about being unemployed on the radio last night and how hard it was to find work (any work at that) in their areas, due to many things.
I hope things pick up soon for you both. Remember you never know what is round that corner, it's an old saying but it's true. Just look at what happened to me last summer!

Keep looking  :o

Paul faplad Finch

Happening to too many of us at the moment. Best of luck with it all.

Life Spugs for me at the moment beecause one of the cats has just knocked over a cup of coffee on the coffee table. All over 2 issues of Tv Times (thankfully one finished last night so just one week affected), a piece of artwork my nephew had slaved over for hours (luckily he does so many of them that he'll never notice it's gone but still a bummer for me) and finally, 2 RECENT PROGS. They are currently sat in the yard drying in the sun but a few pages are obviously beyond repair. F'ing gutting.

I know, I know, Overreacting but fuck it, the prog is the only comic/magazine I still get. It's the only luxury I allow myself in these money conscious days so sue me if I'm a little upset about this. First parts of Ichabod and Damnation Station among the worst affected as well, which only adds to the pain.
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

Peter Wolf

I think that i might be living out my wilderness years.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

SuperSurfer

Hope things get better Noisy and Johhny on the work front.

SuperSurfer

... because I was at the old family home last weekend where I still have tons of stuff and it looks as if all my old college art stuff was chucked out by electricians a few years ago! I thought it was all in the loft. Amongst all that stuff is some comic art including one pagers I did in my late teens which I was and still am quite proud of. They are the last proper comic pages I did for years. They are in a style that I am not sure I would have the patience for nowadays so that is another reason why I was attached to them. I have some terrible photocopies of them in another sketchbook which will be the only record. I only renewed my interest in comic art because of this message board and I was looking forward to scanning them and posting them round here. I will go again soon and have a proper look just to be sure. I know this pales into insignificance compared to the real spuggery that goes on but really gutted.

Noisybast

Quote from: johnnystress on 27 April, 2010, 09:43:10 PM
cheers :)

Yeah, I've noticed that over the last few days. IT is truly a dead industry.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

nev

Because people are allowed to travel on public transport playing shitty tinny music on their mobile telephone.

vzzbux

Quote from: nev on 28 April, 2010, 05:59:54 PM
Because people are allowed to travel on public transport playing shitty tinny music on their mobile telephone.

Its always been the same ever since these were invented.

VNP
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: nev on 28 April, 2010, 05:59:54 PM
Because people are allowed to travel on public transport .

I just corrected that for you.

;)
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

The Legendary Shark

And going even further back, the bane of great gramma's commute on the omnibus to the lard shop...

...the iGramophone.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

SuperSurfer

In-laws were burgled on Friday. Scumbag/s kicked back door in and turned the bedrooms upside down. Stole jewellery which they had in the family for years. Moron/s even ate cake from the kitchen. It's thought of the intrusion and violation of one's home that has the most effect though. And the "what if I was in at the time or came home and they were here?" that is disturbing. I secured the door by fitting a latch and then a locksmith fit proper locks the following day. And despite countless reminders and notes left up by me, dumbos in the block I live in continue to leave the front door open. Just what does it take for some people to understand that an open front door is an invitation to burglars? Beggars belief.

willthemightyW

Because I love art, I want a career in comics, but I always here how it's done on computer and graphics tablets and what have you, and I have a graphics tablet, and it's alright but it doesn't look nearly as good as my paper stuff, not to sound arrogant, I didn't mean my paper stuff is amazing I... well you know what I meant, and it spugs.
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.