Main Menu

You Can Take Away My Geek Card Because…

Started by Jim_Campbell, 21 October, 2015, 08:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesC

One for the gamers:

I think the Wii U is the best current gen console.

Ps. I was going to say I thought Mark Millar wrote the best version of Robo-Hunter just for a laugh.

Hawkmumbler

I said I liked Alien 3 what more do you want!

TordelBack

I'm not sure if this counts as a geek subject, although it does have Squaxx dek Thargo Johnny Vegas, Who and Brazil actress Sheila Reid and Royston Vasey/No. 9 (and Who) alum Steve Pemberton in it, but...

I think Benidorm is the current funniest thing on TV.

Taryn Tailz

Having loved the Walking Dead game and found the comic to be reasonably enjoyable, I decided to finally take the plunge and order the first season of the TV series on DVD.

After watching the first episode it took me two weeks to return to the series, and after the second episode I simply couldn't stomach the idea of watching anymore. I'm sure it gets more exciting further down the line, but the first few episodes bored me senseless, so much so that I sold the DVD on Ebay (for more than I payed for it. :) )

Proudhuff

Everything that is on this thread shows why no-one can take away your geek card: as no two 'true' geeks will agree on top five films, never mind anything else.

the only reason Jim suggests we take away his geek card is because he is a true geek.

DDT did a job on me

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Adventurer

Quote from: Zombear on 22 October, 2015, 06:18:02 PM
If you think there's only negativity in this thread, I suspect that is more on you than everyone else.  There's people back there saying Prometheus is a good movie, I really don't see where else there is to go to prove my point.

Quote from: The Adventurer on 22 October, 2015, 05:20:04 PM
Quote from: Zombear on 22 October, 2015, 10:35:41 AM
New BSG was about sex robots.
It really wasn't. At all.

It was.  Totes.

HA that's him told.

The only way you could believe that is if you turned the premier mini-series off after the first sex scene.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

The Adventurer

Quote from: JamesC on 22 October, 2015, 06:35:18 PM
One for the gamers:

I think the Wii U is the best current gen console.

It's certainly up there, with some of the most citing exclusives you can't play on PC. For my money thoug, the 3DS reigns supreme this gen.

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 22 October, 2015, 06:02:56 PMthere are somethings that are held as self-evident truths that a person might not accept but feel hesitant to voice for fear of revealing that they have poor taste.

Cheers!

Jim

That's an even WORSE idea for a thread title...

yes yes yes my jibe was just picking on folk who were using it negatively and keen observers will notice in the antiquity of this topic I had merely one thing to say and it was positive.

I LOVE ALL THINGS. <-- also that topic wouldn't be a goer.

Additionally this thread again has piqued my interest in John Carter - again like my beloved Hulk a film that people are 'supposed to dislike' partially because it underperformed at the box office. The only real complaints I've seen about it is that it's boring and frankly that's such a subjective thing I don't view it as valid. I'll get 'round to watching it I think!

Professor Bear

Quote from: The Adventurer on 22 October, 2015, 08:09:47 PM
If you think there's only negativity in this thread, I suspect that is more on you than everyone else.  There's people back there saying Prometheus is a good movie, I really don't see where else there is to go to prove my point.

It was.  Totes.

HA that's him told.

The only way you could believe that is if you turned the premier mini-series off after the first sex scene.

"The first sex scene."

von Boom

I liked Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow and Tomorrowland.

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: von Boom on 22 October, 2015, 09:21:35 PM
and Tomorrowland.

Another new property big sci fi film LIKE John Carter made by an ex-Pixar bod that did very badly. Again I've heard it's dull but I love Brad Bird more than life itself so I'm just going to buy it anyway.

I worry what the financial disappointments like that tell such a corporation as Disney "don't give your most talented creators free reign!" much to the detriment of interesting futurefilms. Although that Tomorrowland and John Carter were made at all is encouraging I suppose.

JOE SOAP

My favourite part of John Carter is when the big shape-shifting Thern villain of the story reveals his true form (Mark Strong) and gives 5 minutes of exposition informing John Carter - and us - of his elaborate fiendish plan; right after demonstrating how he and his fellow Therns go to great lengths shape-shifting in order to remain hidden and non-existent from ordinary Joe Soaps so they can carry out their fiendish plan.

Genius.

The Adventurer

Quote from: Zombear on 22 October, 2015, 09:21:07 PM
Quote from: The Adventurer on 22 October, 2015, 08:09:47 PM

It was.  Totes.

HA that's him told.

"The first sex scene."
Yes? BSG was a series about sexually mature adults in an extreme prolonged situation stuck in close quarters. Sex is bound to occur at some point.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: von Boom on 22 October, 2015, 09:21:35 PM
I liked Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow and Tomorrowland.

I adore Sky Captain and could re-watch it almost any time. Tomorrowland was perfectly good fun, with an admirable message that proves to be unintentionally ironic, given the film's box office woes.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.